Does Anyone Think the New Stereo is TOO Loud?

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
The new announcer sounds like he's yelling into the mic, someone needs to tell him to tone it down with the new system. TBH (as bad as this sounds) Wheeler is much better than him.

Otherwise I noticed the difference in section 222, TBH I don't see why people were complaining so much about the system from last year, I thought it was fine.

It may have been fine in the 200's but at times it was hard to make things out in
the 300's.

JTX

Biscuit inthe Basket
Jan 20, 2010
Cape Coral, FL
gpa_loud.jpg

lol

RonJon

May 18, 2011
First off the new system is fantastic compared to last year. I'm in 304 and the new speakers installed along press-box row are amazing. I know someone involved in game day productions and was asked what I thought of the volume and the only complaint I had was that it actually drowned out allot of the crowd noise. The production crew heard that comment more than once and they will be tweaking levels. Don't forget this was the first trial run with the new system, they will get it right.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
First off the new system is fantastic compared to last year. I'm in 304 and the new speakers installed along press-box row are amazing. I know someone involved in game day productions and was asked what I thought of the volume and the only complaint I had was that it actually drowned out allot of the crowd noise. The production crew heard that comment more than once and they will be tweaking levels. Don't forget this was the first trial run with the new system, they will get it right.

Exactly.

It's better than last year for sure and will only get even better as they tweak the levels and use the system over the next bunch of home games.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I sit in 329 and honestly, I didn't notice a difference at all, but I wasn't really listening to it a whole lot.

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm in 307 and I had to yell to talk to my Aunt three seats down.

It's all good when they have the speakers cranked to high heaven for the player intros and the opening game videos. But when the players are doing the pre-game shootaround and we have TV timeouts...I hope they drop the levels more than they were on Saturday.

That being said, I feel the new speakers enhanced the game-day experience for our group.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
Just wanted to add this since the last game I had front row, lower bowl against the Pens. But my normal seats are 300's.

The people who were complaining to me were lower bowl, well I can now say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the upper bowl gets the brunt of the new stereo. In the lower bowl it didn't feel NEARLY as loud.

In the 300's you feel it in your chest. But everything is still way louder up there. The cheering, the chants, the taunts, the music. :yo:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
The guy that did Wheeler's job sounded like he was yelling, that's the only thing I found really loud. Did Wheeler do the first game or are they going with the guy from the old BTV? I just thought he was way too loud!

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Wow did they ever turn down the volume from the Sens game to the Pens game!....I don't even see the point of having the new system unless you are willing to pump it....a bunch of old crusty P1 people prob complained they could not count their money with the loud music playing :D

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wow did they ever turn down the volume from the Sens game to the Pens game!....I don't even see the point of having the new system unless you are willing to pump it....a bunch of old crusty P1 people prob complained they could not count their money with the loud music playing :D

I am in P1 (no offense taken ;)) and I haven't found it too loud at all. I think it's sounds better but it sounds like it might be allot louder up top now? You have to remember many of the P1 types you are referring to were the 1st generation to grow up on Loud Rock music and like me they are all probably half deaf as well. As a group we are the least of the worries when it comes to LOUD IMHO :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad