Does Anyone Know if Maxim Kitsyn has any intentions of going NHL

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Kitsyn was pretty hyped up and I think a lot of people were surprised that he dropped to the 6th round seeing as though Kabanov went in the 3rd to the Isles. Is this going to be a wasted pick with Kitsyn having no intentions of playing in the NHL in the same vein as Kuznetsov and Radulov. Any info would be greatly appreaciated.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I was under the impression he couldn't wait to get out of his contract and skate for the King's org. I do know he's not getting proper handling on his current team. Outside of him getting depressed or frustrated and quitting, we will see him in NA next year.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
I just remember him playing for Russia in the Subway Super Series two years back and making a lot of talented Canadian juniors look prett sub-par, particularly some highly touted players from the "Q". Hope Kings can utilze him in a 3rd line role or secondary PP unit.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I can speak with some small amount of authority on this and yes, Kitsyn has said since day one that he made a mistake signing a contract outside of the Kings umbrella and has even said that he feels like he has served his time and is ready to come back and try to make the NHL.

Can he do it? I think so but we will have to see but he definitely wants to so we will see.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I can speak with some small amount of authority on this and yes, Kitsyn has said since day one that he made a mistake signing a contract outside of the Kings umbrella and has even said that he feels like he has served his time and is ready to come back and try to make the NHL.

Can he do it? I think so but we will have to see but he definitely wants to so we will see.

We have nothing to lose by helping him. But if it works out...imagine getting a forward the quality of Voynov for nearly nuttin'...

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Just watch. Kitsyn will destroy the AHL next season. Rookie of the year, IHMO...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad