Does anyone here use an air purifier?

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
My allergies seem to be getting worse with age. When I fall asleep on the couch in my home theater (basement) I occasionally wake up with a bad sinus headache. I'm guessing the accumulated dust is at least partially to blame so I'm thinking of setting up an air purifier down there.

The prices vary wildly. Some are under $50 and some are $500. I'd prefer to spend the minimum I need to to clear the air in the basement (probably around 800 sq ft).

I was wondering if anyone here uses one. Are you happy with its performance? If so what brand is it?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
My allergies seem to be getting worse with age. When I fall asleep on the couch in my home theater (basement) I occasionally wake up with a bad sinus headache. I'm guessing the accumulated dust is at least partially to blame so I'm thinking of setting up an air purifier down there.

The prices vary wildly. Some are under $50 and some are $500. I'd prefer to spend the minimum I need to to clear the air in the basement (probably around 800 sq ft).

I was wondering if anyone here uses one. Are you happy with its performance? If so what brand is it?
Another thing to check into would be controlling the humidity

Reactions: JMCx4

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Another thing to check into would be controlling the humidity

I have 2 humidifiers running full time, one in the main basement and one in the utility room.

Edit - sorry, I meant of course Dehumidifiers. The basement can get very damp in the Summer.

Last edited:

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I have 2 humidifiers running full time, one in the main basement and one in the utility room.

Edit - sorry, I meant of course Dehumidifiers. The basement can get very damp in the Summer.
In my case, my body much prefers the humidity. I have arthritic psoriasis and during humid times my skin clears up. Here we are in early October but there is a noticeable drop in humidity and my skin is already reacting. Come December all hell is gonna break loose.

So to be on topic, I doubt your body likes breathing in super dry air. Try buying a little temp/humidity gauge and see where the % is at. I read online that 50% is ideal but I prefer it around 70%.

heatnikki

Dec 18, 2018
no but I bought new air conditioner this year, it works perfect. Luckily I found local qualified technician here https://www.thefurnaceoutlet.com to help me with air conditioner replacing. These guys are real professionals and helped me to choose the perfect conditioner for my house too. As foe me it's the easiet way to save both time and money.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad