Does anyone have the roster for the USA team for the IIHF U18?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
I know it should be close to what the team is like all year, but perhaps they have added some guys or if there are any injuries at this point?

I'm guessing they would have added Foligno and Ryan, but because of the OHL playoffs they can't now.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
According to the IIHF -

Goal -

Bill Blase
Joe Palmer
Jeff Frazee

Defense -

Kyle Lawson
Brian Strait
Taylor Chorney
Erik Johnson
Zach Jones
Brandon Gentile
Mark Mitera
David Inman
Jack Johnson
Chris Summers

Forward -

Phil Kessel
Nate Gerbe
Chad Rau
Jim Fraser
Dan Collins
Blake Geoffrion
Luke Popko
Nick Foligno
Jason Bailey
Peter Mueller
Ryan Stoa
Jack Skille
Jason Lawrence
Justin Mercier
Benn Ferriero
Bill Sweatt
Andreas Vlassopoulos

I'm sure that gets cut down a bit in the next week or so.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
TMHUNH said:
Kessel is there.

I would imagine it is because Lee is busy playing for Lincoln (USHL)

Right. Also, just because Lee was overmatched at the U 20 WJC's, people shouldn't make the mistake in thinking his stock has dropped, because it hasn't. He's still an outstanding prospect who had a great year. He'd be a great addition to the U 18 squad.

Last edited:

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:

Looks like a strong club, Kessel should have a good tourney. It would have been nice to see him up against Crosby or Brule in this age group. Hopefully Brian Little is able to play and/or Cogliano and we'll see how they match up.

The USA and Canada should be considered the favourites this year. Canada is very deep at the '87 year, even though they aren't able to select from every 1987 born player playing right now, they should be competitive. The USA has played together all year and looks strong and deep. You never know about the Russians, the Czechs, the Finns, etc. They could all do some damage somewhere along the line.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Senor Rational said:
I personally would like to see what Lee can do.

Well, at last year's U18 World Junior Cup in August, Lee didn't appear to have an oustanding tourney and wasn't even Team USA's top D-man stats wise. That distinction seems to have gone to Kyle Lawson, who led the team in goals and points, although in Lee's defense, the USA club was far less talented than some of the other teams there. This April's version of Team USA is far superior to last summer's squad.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
HabLover said:
Well, at last year's U18 World Junior Cup in August, Lee didn't appear to have an oustanding tourney and wasn't even Team USA's top D-man stats wise. That distinction seems to have gone to Kyle Lawson, who led the team in goals and points, although in Lee's defense, the USA club was far less talented than some of the other teams there. This April's version of Team USA is far superior to last summer's squad.

A report from one poster who saw him at the tournament last summer said he may have been the best defender in the whole tournament... Link - 8th post

Lincoln is down one game in their playoff series and they are behind by a goal in the game tonight. At this rate Lee may actually be available. If he is, I wonder if they would put him on the team.

EDIT: The team has already left so it looks like Lee won't be added either way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad