Does anyone have Takeaways/Hits/subjective data for ROAD games only?

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Maybe my thesis is flawed here, but wouldn’t the “subjective” stats be more informative if we just eliminated all HOME data for players and took the average of 31 other arenas? Does anyone have these stats separated out already? Shouldn’t it be the standard way of presenting data? (I.e. takeaways per 60 on the road instead of overall raw takeaways with skewed homer data?)

Is the top 10 list in the league dramatically different if you check the data this way?

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
I've tried this with goalie metrics - I would weight home games as equal (in total) to an average road opponent (instead of at zero), but otherwise I agree generally.

For instance, the Devils have 41 road games and there are 31 road teams, so they play each team on the road 41/31 of the time. I would adjust their 41 home games so that they count 41/31. Otherwise, if their scorer is doing something weird, the road teams get a (small) benefit but they don't.

(Now that I write it all out, I should probably do similar for other road teams, since otherwise divisional opponents may get overvalued, et cetera).

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Here are players road stats from NHL.com last year. For hits, takeaways, and per 60. You can pick home, away or both in the drop down box

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad