Does anyone have Crave?

NameInUse

Sep 27, 2017
You can watch some HBO stuff live (watched Bill Maher live the other day), so I'd guess yes... Worse comes to worse, they'll probably add the episodes the following day from when they aired for at-will streaming like they do for the rest of the HBO shows...

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
You can watch some HBO stuff live (watched Bill Maher live the other day), so I'd guess yes... Worse comes to worse, they'll probably add the episodes the following day from when they aired for at-will streaming like they do for the rest of the HBO shows...

Well, I wanna watch Game of Thrones live and Crave seems to be the only potential option to do so in Canada. I could download the episode after it airs but I’d rather watch it live.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
it sounds like you can get episodes as they air live, but you have to subscribe to the $20 option of Crave.

In an ambitious reshuffling of the streaming game, Bell Media is fusing pay-TV channel The Movie Network and standalone streaming service CraveTV into a single entity. The existing Crave package – which offers subscribers TV content such as Letterkenny, Killing Eve, The Handmaid’s Tale and Star Trek: Discovery, a broad range of Showtime, Vice, Comedy Central programming and HBO library titles – will still be available for $9.99 a month, but it’ll augmented by a new service.

For $19.98 a month, Crave+Movies+HBO adds movies, documentaries, specials and new episodes of ongoing HBO series as they air – the first time current HBO programming has been available in Canada without an HBO subscription. Typically, subscribers to CraveTV would have to wait years for the latest seasons of HBO series such as Game Of Thrones or Insecure to become available. Now, if you have internet access – and 20 bucks a month – you can follow Arya Stark’s quest for revenge along with everybody else.

Canadians can finally stream new HBO shows without a cable subscription

edit: i have Crave, but haven't looked at it all that much. it comes included with my cable/internet package ...which includes HBO, The Movie Network, The Movie Network Encore, etc, anyway ...so i would usually just pvr stuff that i wanted to watch, rather than stream from Crave (which in the past i just used to watch Seinfeld and Cheers episodes, and some documentaries).

i checked Crave this morning and it does include a section for live on air channels ...which includes two HBO channels (HBO 1 and HBO 2 ...#2 shows the same programming as HBO 1, but two hours behind) and 4 Movie Network channels ...which are all different channels showing different movies. The Movie Network typically shows somewhat newer movies ...like Bladerunner 2049, Get Out, Deadpool 2, etc.

The Movie Network Encore (two channels) seems to show movies typically from the 70s, 80s and 90s ...but they don't appear to be included with Crave.

So there we go ...hope that helped a bit.

Last edited:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Crave has an "On Air" section which show the 4 Crave channels and 2 HBO Canada channels, so you will get to see Game of Thrones live should you have the $10 add-on.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
it sounds like you can get episodes as they air live, but you have to subscribe to the $20 option of Crave.

Canadians can finally stream new HBO shows without a cable subscription

edit: i have Crave, but haven't looked at it all that much. it comes included with my cable/internet package ...which includes HBO, The Movie Network, The Movie Network Encore, etc, anyway ...so i would usually just pvr stuff that i wanted to watch, rather than stream from Crave (which in the past i just used to watch Seinfeld and Cheers episodes, and some documentaries).

i checked Crave this morning and it does include a section for live on air channels ...which includes two HBO channels (HBO 1 and HBO 2 ...#2 shows the same programming as HBO 1, but two hours behind) and 4 Movie Network channels ...which are all different channels showing different movies. The Movie Network typically shows somewhat newer movies ...like Bladerunner 2049, Get Out, Deadpool 2, etc.

The Movie Network Encore (two channels) seems to show movies typically from the 70s, 80s and 90s ...but they don't appear to be included with Crave.

So there we go ...hope that helped a bit.

Crave has an "On Air" section which show the 4 Crave channels and 2 HBO Canada channels, so you will get to see Game of Thrones live should you have the $10 add-on.

Thanks guys, this does help a lot. My only other option was to subscribe to a digital cable network and order HBO, which would obviously be costly and more than I really needed. I'm glad they finally have a way to watch live HBO in Canada without a cable subscription.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad