NBA Does anyone else watch those cringe-worthy NBA media shows?

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Not gonna lie, I used to watch some of those shows like First Take with SAS and Max Kellerman, Undisputed with Skip and Shannon, The Herd with Collin Coweherd (or however the hell you spell his name) and Chris Broussard (who puts an unnecessary emphasis on everything), NBA on ESPN with former pros who can never seem to hide their bias like Paul Pierce, Ryan Hollins, Chauncey Billups and Jalen Rose, the one with Cris Carter and Nick Wright (who should really be called Nick Wrong), etc, etc.

I stopped watching all of that these past playoffs since all they talk about while 16 teams are competing to win is what LeBron ate for breakfast, how's LeBron spending his off-season and what that means for the NBA and what's gonna happen in free agency which was months away. Also, there is no legit analysis within any of those folks, it's just a bunch of talking heads who just say whatever the heck comes to their minds and out of their mouths. They also contradict themselves every other week. Overall, most of the NBA media is a joke and unless you wanna see some cheap entertainment revolving around a bunch of older men pointlessly yelling and arguing with one another I suggest to go search for some NBA YouTubers for those that want unbias and quality analysis about the league/sport.

Now I've always been aware that these guys are not to be taken seriously and that they're here for entertainment pusposes, but I can't even find this as entertainment anymore when it's just a bunch of dudes spewing random stuff at one another or discussing about topics that amount to nothing.

PS: Shout-out to the NBA on TNT crew, those are the only NBA media guys that I still like watching. Keep it up boys!

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
I like Skip and Shannon, they have great chemistry. Skip is an over the top troll and he can get pretty tiresome at times but it's mostly good.

First Take is absolutely unbearable. I still want to know who figured that putting these three repulsive people yelling at each other for x amount of minutes was a good idea. Molly Qerim is hot as hell but she has to be the most annoying person on television.

Paul "I was born before my parents" Pierce is a terrible analyst but he's always good for a laugh when he's name dropping his own ass about his greatness. I'm not quite sure if he's trolling us or not lol.

Ryan Hollins is flat out bad. How did this clown ever make it to TV? Ya'll probably saw this gem he dropped earlier this week

Shaq had me rolling throughout the segment.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Love TNT and Undisputed for the lulz, rest is unbearable. Stephen A's talents wasted with Molly and Kellerman.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Stephen A never should have separated from Skip Bayless. Both guys are utterly ****ing clueless when talking about the game of basketball, especially Skip Bayless, but they were always great to laugh at.

Paul Pierce is live comedy. That man could sell out the Apollo just getting interviewed.

NBA on TNT crew is hands down the best not just in basketball, but in professional sports. They know the game, they bring comedy into the show, just all around excellent chemistry.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I used to occasionally watch those shows but lately it's turned into constant LeBron vs Jordan vs Kobe vs Durant vs 90's Bulls vs 10's Warriors GOAT talk, along with constant "Lets fix the Lakers" talk. That shit gets old.

Give me Charles Barkley shitting on bad Basketball (when he called out the NBA Playoffs for being boring) when it's deserved along with making fun of San Antonio and giving the NHL some love instead.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The NBA having these many talk shows (and a couple of them are on a channel that the league doesn't have a contract with) just explains their popularity, right?

BTW, The Starters is getting canceled. I guess not enough white audience was tuning in, which was that shows primary target.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
I was talking to my friend about this and it's like my version of a girl talk/gossip show. Like I know it's bad TV but I can't stop watching it cause it's entertaining as f***.

Reactions: Cassano

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Stephen A Smith made the wrong prediction for every finals winner for 7 of the last 9 years

2011: Chose Miami; Dallas won in 6
2012: Chose OKC; Miami won in 5
2013: Chose Spurs; Miami won in 7
2014: Chose Miami; Spurs won in 5
2015: Chose Cavs; GSW won in 6
2016: Chose GSW; Cavs won in 7
2019: Chose GSW; Toronto won in 6

The only two finals winners he picked correctly since 2011 were the two years Golden State had the Avengers in their starting lineup (2017, 2018)....where a 6-year old could've predicted the result.

It's quite mind-blowing that this dude (and all those other media dudes I mentioned above) makes millions by making themselves look like fools on national TV

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassano

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Stephen A Smith made the wrong prediction for every finals winner for 7 of the last 9 years

2011: Chose Miami; Dallas won in 6
2012: Chose OKC; Miami won in 5
2013: Chose Spurs; Miami won in 7
2014: Chose Miami; Spurs won in 5
2015: Chose Cavs; GSW won in 6
2016: Chose GSW; Cavs won in 7
2019: Chose GSW; Toronto won in 6

The only two finals winners he picked correctly since 2011 were the two years Golden State had the Avengers in their starting lineup (2017, 2018)....where a 6-year old could've predicted the result.

It's quite mind-blowing that this dude (and all those other media dudes I mentioned above) makes millions by making himself look like a fool on national TV

Because he gets viewers, and does entertaining stuff like this

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4