Does anyone else hate hockey slang?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Clap back is a reference to shooting. Clapping back would be retribution for **** talk or action taken against ones self or someone you care about. JaRule made a song called clap back in the early 2000s

For clarification, a "clapper" is slang for a gun.
Rip a clapper from the point

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
This thread is beefing up my ignore list. LOL @ hating hockey slang, then you're just not a hockey guy!

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
i've always agreed with this, where hockey's "slang" is by far theeee worst out of all sports. it legit cringes me tf out so I stay away from using them. it's not just the slang, but the corny sentences they're used in as well.

idk if it's just me or the hockey culture, but i have no problem with basketball slang or soccer or any other sport. i feel more comfortable saying "he crossed his ass out!" or "you got megged!", than saying "his hands are filthy" or "you got dangled"

it was hard just typing that last sentence let alone saying it.

hockey the sport is just simply amazing, but i'll never agree that it's culture is good by any means. it has never moved forward and has been set back
i am the EXACT opposite of this post...everything you said you dont mind i think is BRUTAL....megged? really no issue with that?

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Worst is guys who still talk like this as an adult in every day business. Been in meetings where guys use the hockey slang and call coworkers by hockey nicknames (Smitty, Jonesy, Matty). It's embarrassing. Grow up.

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
This thread makes me miss Chuck Swirsky's cheesy but lovable catchphrases.

"Get out the salami and cheese, mama, this ball game is over!"
"Onions, baby, onions!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad