Does anyone else dislike the nhl in general due to league-wide leaf hate?

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I enjoy the NHL and the Leafs just fine. My issue is the complete inability for people to have an intelligent conversation regarding the Leafs. Soon as their names are mentioned people shove their heads up their asses and the only response you get is "hurr durr Leafs suck, 1967 laffs, leaves" I have actively told new people who try to spark up conversation about hockey, soon as that bull**** starts I just say "If you want to get a cranial rectal inversion and have an actual conversation I'm game. If all you got is this then you are a waste of my time" and I walk away.

I originally came here like 10 years ago and lurked for years hoping I could read some good discussion about the Leafs, but year after year the stupidity and ignorance here has reached a critical mass. I literally only signed up here to put the worst offenders on ignore to save my IQ.

Do you ever read the news stories on Yahoo.ca? Any time there is an article about anything Leafs, there is the same bunch who post pretty much exactly that, even if it doesn't have anything to do with their team (and you seldom know who that is). If all you can say is "the Leafs are the worst sports franchise in history...they haven't won since 1967 so that makes them the worst team in all of sports" - there is actually someone who says something like this! It's crazy......sure it's probably trolling, but really...... if your hate for something is that intense that it consumes your every breathe, it's time to remove that (articles about the Leafs in this case) from your life.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Not really, i just find so many other fans to be complete idiots. Too dumb for an intelligent discussion about hockey and are just out here blabbing away trying to trigger people. It's like a cyber version of that overly drunk dumbass at a game, who thinks hes hilarious or badass but doesn't realize how stupid he actually looks.

Reactions: Cams

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Do you ever read the news stories on Yahoo.ca? Any time there is an article about anything Leafs, there is the same bunch who post pretty much exactly that, even if it doesn't have anything to do with their team (and you seldom know who that is). If all you can say is "the Leafs are the worst sports franchise in history...they haven't won since 1967 so that makes them the worst team in all of sports" - there is actually someone who says something like this! It's crazy......sure it's probably trolling, but really...... if your hate for something is that intense that it consumes your every breathe, it's time to remove that (articles about the Leafs in this case) from your life.

Oh it's not just on Yahoo. Its anywhere TSN, Sportsnet, Reddit, here people in real life face to face. People act like any mention of the Leafs is to much because they suck and should be irrelevant. They act like they are the chicken from robot chicken being forced to watch nothing but leafs news and they cant just ignore it.
My favourite double standard is how fans of other teams will make usernames that are an insult to the Leafs or an avatar that does that or make a fake account to pretend to be a Leafs fan so they can say stupid shit and then point a finger at "Leafs fans" and spend pages of threads doing nothing but spouting bullshit and lies but Leafs fans are the obnoxious ones lol.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
I've been mocked and hated on by fans of various teams since the mid to late 90's. Usually, it was just some ribbing, a play on words like golf leafs golf, etc.. I have secretly been waiting for the day when the leaf's start winning so people can call be a bandwagon jumper or something similar as I have yet to be called anything like that and it might honestly be the greatest day of my life when it happens. AND IT WILL HAPPEN!

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I have issues with the NHL for a lot of other reasons, typically I could care less what other people think so it really doesn't effect me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad