Does Anybody Wish...

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
...The Montreal Canadiens switched their numbers on their away sweaters back to just blue and red, without the white trim they added back in the mid-90's?

MullerKirkAction.jpg

The added white trim looks like its trying to be more "modern" while the rest of the sweater - both home and away - have otherwise remained essentially the same over the years.

And worse than that, it doesn't really work. The numbers end up being more difficult to read and don't look as classic and bold as the traditional red and blue digits.

P.Roy_164.jpg

Since they made the switch, the Canadiens haven't won a Cup, so I'd love to see them go back to the old look for the numbers on the white sweaters.

Attachments

• p.k.subban_2012-430x298.jpg
    p.k.subban_2012-430x298.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 30

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
...The Montreal Canadiens switched their numbers on their away sweaters back to just blue and red, without the white trim they added back in the mid-90's?

MullerKirkAction.jpg

The added white trim looks like its trying to be more "modern" while the rest of the sweater - both home and away - have otherwise remained essentially the same over the years.

And worse than that, it doesn't really work. The numbers end up being more difficult to read and don't look as classic and bold as the traditional red and blue digits.

P.Roy_164.jpg

Since they made the switch, the Canadiens haven't won a Cup, so I'd love to see them go back to the old look for the numbers on the white sweaters.

Yes, and the last time the Canadiens won the cup, Toews and Crosby were children.

:p:
In all seriousness, must say it does look nice

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
2011+Heritage+Classic+Montreal+Canadiens+Practice+yaem3E94KmJl.jpg

I remember the Heritage Classic jerseys were like that, I like that look a lot better than what we currently have.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
The Haritage classic jerseys looked nice, I wouldn't be sad if they replaced our road whites. I don't like the white outline either.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wish we had a third uniform.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
I like the old style, but definitely prefer the way it is now. The extra white outline really makes the numbers pop.

I wish we'd use either of these as an occasional third jersey:

Canadiens%20white%20vintage%20jersey.jpg

Montreal%20Canadiens%20Jailbreak%20Jersey.jpg

Or, yes, even this. I loved them.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

MullerKirkAction.jpg

P.Roy_164.jpg

I agree with ya

firewagon77*

I wish they would go back to the light blue paint along the bottom of the boards,the way it was at the forum,the last game they ever plated with the blue at the bottom of the boards was game 5 if the 1993 stanley cup finals vs L.A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad