Does any young goalie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Why does it seem as though there's some big push now to discount Schwarz as a legitimate top goalie prospect? It wouldn't be because of the team that drafted him, would it...

i don't think anyone wants to discount him as a good goalie prospect...but he's gotten a LOT of hype before and after the draft, with people comparing him to hasek and saying how elite his skills are, how he'll be so incredibly amazing, and on and on and on...he's a good goalie prospect, but he hasn't done anything yet to really prove he should be considered a truly elite prospect anywhere in the range of a guy like lehtonen or fleury. but he was just drafted, give it time and we'll see

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Prussian_Blue said:
Lundqvist is a third-year pro in Sweden. So that's still only one.

And yes, I know Schwarz played pro in the CR last year... for half the season. He was on the Sparta junior team for a large part of the year, too.

And no, I don't take McKeen's as "the bible" by any means. Just reporting what's out there.

Why does it seem as though there's some big push now to discount Schwarz as a legitimate top goalie prospect? It wouldn't be because of the team that drafted him, would it... ;)

P_B

:bow: :blues
Personally, it's because I wasn't as impressed with him at the WJCs as others seem to have been, and because his numbers in the WHL are worse than his own backup.

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
Quite honestly I don't think so.

Kari Lehtonen gonna soon become one of the most dominating goalie we ever saw. IMO. He has it all, I cant say how much I'm high on him. Atlanta scares me if they can get a somewhat decent defense.

He's huge, fast, strong physically, real strong mentally, he gots some sick legs. Amazing glove.

As much as I would like Fleury to be the next great goaltender of my nation, I don't think he ever gonna become a top-star. He's quick... so damn quick but he has a fluorescent five-hole and IMO, note thats just my unbiased opinion but he doesnt have that Roy-Brodeur-Belfour-Theodore-Lehtonen mental thoughness that makes a good goaltender the best of his peer. He's got Jocelyn Thibault written all-over him. Not bad, even real good. Just far away from Lehtonen.

leafaholix*

CoupeStanley said:
Quite honestly I don't think so.

Kari Lehtonen gonna soon become one of the most dominating goalie we ever saw. IMO. He has it all, I cant say how much I'm high on him. Atlanta scares me if they can get a somewhat decent defense.

He's huge, fast, strong physically, real strong mentally, he gots some sick legs. Amazing glove.

As much as I would like Fleury to be the next great goaltender of my nation, I don't think he ever gonna become a top-star. He's quick... so damn quick but he has a fluorescent five-hole and IMO, note thats just my unbiased opinion but he doesnt have that Roy-Brodeur-Belfour-Theodore-Lehtonen mental thoughness that makes a good goaltender the best of his peer. He's got Jocelyn Thibault written all-over him. Not bad, even real good. Just far away from Lehtonen.
You obviously haven't seen Todd Ford play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->