News Article: Does Anthony Stolarz Have a Future in Philly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Lyon didn't struggle in his NHL cameo - he completely crapped the bed.

A year ago Lyon came up and helped get the Flyers into the playoffs. One terrible period when he was injured against Buffalo shouldn’t be held against him any more than the awful half period Stolarz played against Vancouver when he got injured.

Reactions: DaphneLion

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Vasilevskiy
Anderson
Murray
Holtby
Jones
Fleury
Rinne

Each of those backups you listed has legitimately proven starting goaltenders in front of them.

I love Hart and see great things, but there will be hiccups. And I don’t want Anthony Stolarz to be the guy when Hart has a rough patch.

Just my opinion.

You don't want Talbot to be the guy either. Also, half these legitimately proven starting goalies have had rough patches themselves. At some point we're all going to have to live with the fact that Hart is our goaltender and he's going to have to make 60 starts next year.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Lyon didn't struggle in his NHL cameo - he completely crapped the bed. He's the new Neil Little and that's not a bad thing. Yeah, he might be a career AHLer, but he's exactly the kind of guy you want in the AHL pushing the younger goalies going forward.

As for Stolarz, he's shown more in his NHL cameos than what Lyon has. That's the reality of it. It's not his fault we had an ******** of a head coach that wouldn't use him.
Come on, that’s a harsh assessment.
Little was an AHL lifer that only started 1 NHL game and came in relief in his only other game. That only comparison I see between Lyon and Little is that both played college hockey in the ECAC, Lyon for Yale and Little for R.P.I.

With the abundance of goalies Philadelphia has at the professional level and in prospect netminders coming eventually, Lyons NHL opportunity may come with another NHL franchise, I just hope it doesn’t turn into another Bob situation down the road.

Stolarz or Lyon are out the door, I don’t see philly hanging onto both especially when they could package them with something now instead of losing them to waivers next season for nothing at all.

Last edited:

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
It would be massively stupid to trade for Talbot and give up Stolarz. If that is a straight up deal I am not going to be happy. There needs to be a sweetener to the deal coming back here. Prospect or a high pick(obviously not their first)
For a player who was on waivers 3 times this year? I like stolarz too but he had minimal value.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Hopefully stolie can keep up his numbers and cash out at the end of the year. Although I don't like his chances since he will be playing in front of mandog lol.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Funny thread now.

Feels good to pump more time into writing something than it ends up being relevant for. I’d had this one in the cooker since last weekend but stupid work and Valentine’s Day and all that shit kept it from being done until it was too late.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->