Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Lakers, and Clippers Discussion IV

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I'm going to be joining my first fantasy football pool this week with my new co-workers. (I've done football pools in the past, but just straight teams' wins/losses)

Can anyone recommend a good website / publication for getting up to speed with the current NFL talent?

Thx!

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
I'm going to be joining my first fantasy football pool this week with my new co-workers. (I've done football pools in the past, but just straight teams' wins/losses)

Can anyone recommend a good website / publication for getting up to speed with the current NFL talent?

Thx!

At this moment in time:
NotWhatIused.com

:help:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Josh Shaw out indefinitely because of some heroics. Well done Josh.

While attending a family social function at his cousin's apartment in his hometown of Palmdale, Shaw looked on from a second floor balcony to the pool below and saw his 7-year-old nephew, who cannot swim, in distress without help nearby. Shaw instinctively leaped off the balcony, landing painfully on the concrete below.

He was able to crawl into the pool and ushered his nephew to safety. Despite the intense pain in his legs, he was then able to grab the ladder and lift himself out of the pool with his upper body.

Shaw, who will miss at least the season opener on Saturday, said he would have jumped in to save anyone. Head coach Steve Sarkisian expressed his admiration for Shaw's courageous act.

"That was a heroic act by Josh, putting his personal safety aside. But that's the kind of person he is," said Sarkisian.

The extent of Shaw's injuries is unclear. He is listed as out indefinitely.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Rams had a chance to draft Bortles or Bridgewater, now they are screwed.

I would have fired Fisher an Co. for not picking a QB in the first round of this last draft.

Bridgewater went at the end of the first round as well.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Josh Shaw admits his heroic story was a lie. As a USC fan and someone from the Antelope Valley who has followed Josh since his days at Palmdale High, it's very disappointing to hear.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The Rams had a chance to draft Bortles or Bridgewater, now they are screwed.

I would have fired Fisher an Co. for not picking a QB in the first round of this last draft.

Bridgewater went at the end of the first round as well.

I guess they didn't want to hurt the fragile ego of Bradford by bring in a guy who might succeed him one day. No matter what he did [aside from winning the Superbowl] no one really believed they would re sign him next season with that huge $$ option on the table. So what did they do, wait til the 6th round instead.
As much as I like Fisher, his focus in way too much on defense.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Josh Shaw admits his heroic story was a lie. As a USC fan and someone from the Antelope Valley who has followed Josh since his days at Palmdale High, it's very disappointing to hear.

Oh I'm sure he jump from the 2nd story into a pool, but it was probably on a bet from one of his friends. Probably made up the rest so he wouldn't look like an idiot for doing it and getting hurt.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Shaw will be this years Te'o. The Te'o one as funnier but this one is downright pathetic, can't believe the clown as really quoted as saying "I would have done it for any kid, not just my nephew"

Sarkisian is in a tough spot because this is a really good player, a senior and a captain, but this is going to be a distraction if he is brought back in.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Interesting week at Heritage Hall.

ESPN will probably have Jesse Jackson on Sports Center tonight to discuss the rampant racism at USC. 30 black alums in the NFL, just imagine how many there could be without the racism.

Ron*

Interesting week at Heritage Hall.

ESPN will probably have Jesse Jackson on Sports Center tonight to discuss the rampant racism at USC. 30 black alums in the NFL, just imagine how many there could be without the racism.

Fan****ingtastic. Just what SC needed.

It's crap and has no legs.

A number of USC players have already taken to Twitter to denounce the racist allegations. This is one example:

ZbaNqI.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ack-anthony-brown-quits-team-lobs-accusations

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I would think there would be more than one player would come forward if there was clear racism going on. Still not a good time for this with the Shaw story, not a great way to go into kickoff on Saturday.

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
I tend to think people who use the race and slavery card with no evidence for others to judge are full of ****.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Anthony Brown doesn't come across as a bright individual. How does a person who writes/speaks this way get admitted into USC? I guess I shouldn't bother asking that question...

Quotes from Brown:
"I called a meeting up with this disrespectful guy!!! He called me a coward, all types of ****** words."

"He stereotype my mom and dad. like he belittle me to another level."

"I just responded Yes Sir and No Sir!"

"Never been treated like that before!! Don't Wish it upon anyone! That's who he is!"

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I would think there would be more than one player would come forward if there was clear racism going on. Still not a good time for this with the Shaw story, not a great way to go into kickoff on Saturday.

He comes across as a spoiled entitle college athlete who probably didn't like his meeting with his coach and took it personal. He'll fit right in the NFL one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->