Doc Emrick Retiring

Sep 19, 2008
Shock to wake up to this morning.

Emrick was the main voice of NBC for nearly 16 years give or take. He was one of the best and I even named this account after him at one point.

I was always a big fan of his work with the NJ Devils ("In overtime! The Devils win it!") and he didn't seem to lose a step too. We are living in a new age now where there's reduced Bob McKenzie and no Doc.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
He's a legendary hockey broadcaster, especially from his prime in his days with the Devils. Yet this seems like the right time - and not too far beyond the sell-by date either. He appeared to know it during the post-season too. Wish him all the best.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of Albert. Good call, if true.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Guys voice was annoying.
C4B3A24F-8475-4C3C-89C2-B679670CD0B6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
the horrible mousy voice constantly gabbing over game action trying to be witty was a joke , nbc is a joke . should have been chris cuthbert all these years doing national broadcast for the best in business TSN . but american washed up ruling class clowns bought the nhl broadcast rights theyve no business with

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
the horrible mousy voice constantly gabbing over game action trying to be witty was a joke , nbc is a joke . should have been chris cuthbert all these years doing national broadcast for the best in business TSN . but american washed up ruling class clowns bought the nhl broadcast rights theyve no business with

The illuminati is responsible for hiring hockey announcers that you do not like. They got tired of the whole taking over the world thing.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Wtf he’s terrible. John Forslund, Gord Miller or Brendan Burke should take over
Forslund makes me want to take a razor blade and make slits underneath my fingernails. Albert's not much better

I am really, really hoping that Brendan Burke flies under the radar for a long time. I live in fear of MSG moving him from the Isles to the Rangers where he'll subsequently be lobotomized like Joe Michelletti was.

Sep 19, 2008
He's a legendary hockey broadcaster, especially from his prime in his days with the Devils. Yet this seems like the right time - and not too far beyond the sell-by date either. He appeared to know it during the post-season too. Wish him all the best.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of Albert. Good call, if true.
Albert was one of the commentators for the Caps that preceded Joe B (him and Smoken' Al Koken predated Joe Beninati in the old HTS days)

I always am neutral when Albert calls a hockey game. He is very flexible and does baseball, hockey and football. But Albert's hockey is pretty okay. It doesn't strike me as a "#1 PBP voice"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->