Dobson or Boqvist ?

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Gotta agree with everyone else here Dobson by quite a bit for me, bigger, better all around defender, and most important for me he hasn't had multiple concussions.

Would be really happy with Dobson at 6 for the Wings, Boqvist is too risky at 6 in my opinion.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Dobson definitely, although I believe they will be closer than some people think

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Dobson ainec

And it's getting further apart by the day. Any manager taking Boqvist over Dobson at this point, either fell in love with Boqvist at some point and is having a hard time looking at reality, or sees something in Dobson that's scaring them off.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Boqvist still has far better skill and a quicker mind for the game. Would take him over Dobson. Main thing is Dobson still has lots of problems defensively, more concerned about that part of his game than Boqvist's. Concussions are concerning, of course, but younger players can rebound from them better as their brains as still plastic.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It's like asking who is better? Vilardi or Elias Pettersson, everyone had the chance to see Vilardi in action before the draft which jumped his popularity 10 folds among fans, but professional scouts see it differently.

this is no different, Boqvist is my obvious choice over Doobson.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
And it's getting further apart by the day. Any manager taking Boqvist over Dobson at this point, either fell in love with Boqvist at some point and is having a hard time looking at reality, or sees something in Dobson that's scaring them off.

I am glad your so sure of yourself perdicting the future, will be interesting to revisit this one in awhile.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
If only production was the deciding factor in a prospects success in the nhl, the draft would be much easier.

if this was the case no need to hire scouts.

will not be surprised to see boqvist go before dobson.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
if this was the case no need to hire scouts.

will not be surprised to see boqvist go before dobson.

I think the probabilities of this happening are pretty low. And I'm not a Boqvist-hater, far from there. Just think he slips out of the top-10. Too raw in many facets of his game still. It will scare many teams off.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
It's like asking who is better? Vilardi or Elias Pettersson, everyone had the chance to see Vilardi in action before the draft which jumped his popularity 10 folds among fans, but professional scouts see it differently.

this is no different, Boqvist is my obvious choice over Doobson.

Except Pettersson produced in the Allsvenskan while Boqvist didn’t produce outside of Swedish jr. Meanwhile Vilardi had mediocre production (for a forward) in the CHL while Dobson had elite production (for a D).

It’s not a great analogy.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
If you're looking for a power play quarterback, Boqvist.

If you're looking for an all rounder like Pietrangelo, Dobson

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Yes Boqvist has flashier mittens, elusive quick skating and a rocket of a wrister but at the same time he is smaller, plays worse defensively and less consistent. Dobson can play any role you ask of him, shutdown, Socring, joining the rush, PP, PK.... You say he does it, the kid has a wicked plethora of shots for a D-man, he has more than Elite skating abilities for his size as well as position, he can consistently score in many different ways and is one of the best defensive minded Defencemen in the draft.

This is Dobson.. Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if he where to go 3rd(he could potentially had gone 2nd if a non-Carolina team got it), the kid looks like a future Elite all around Defence-men and is one of the best Undrafted Defensive prospects(behind Dahlin) that I have probably seen since Ekblad. Mark my words he’s the first Defence-men off the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad