dobbers current 2020 draft rankings

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Chirs Illitch was in his mid 30s and working for IBM at that time. The easier question is why would he let a money dispute Krupp had with his father 20 years prior bar him from hiring Krupp, llowkey one of the best coaches in hockey, as a coach?

I would be surprised if the family has a high opinion of him. What you're also suggesting would be extremely rare in terms of European trained coaches in the NHL. If we are going to Europe I am more interested in Rikard Gronborg.

The Ilitch family isn't short on enemies and grudges though. That is pretty well known throughout Detroit in terms of business partners and several other things that the family has held through to punishing for years. Keep in mind there has been minimal re-embracing of Fedorov.

Counter to your easier question. What do you think Chris Ilitch knows about Krupp? Would you go against years of the claim from your own family that someone bilked you out of money under less than ideal circumstances. Krupp's was a really nasty divorce. I question if Krupp would also really forgive the Wings either, since it has long been claimed by his side that the Wings did what they did to him because they mistakenly didn't insure his contract. This is a match I just cannot see. For a refresher here is an Albom story on it.

MITCH ALBOM ON: KRUPP V. WINGS: 'I WANT MY REPUTATION BACK'DOG-EAT-DOG LEGAL BATTLE RAGES ON OVER $12.3 MILLION » Mitch Albom

I really doubt this is a water under the bridge scenario. I don't think time heals all wounds.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
I would be surprised if the family has a high opinion of him. What you're also suggesting would be extremely rare in terms of European trained coaches in the NHL. If we are going to Europe I am more interested in Rikard Gronborg.

The Ilitch family isn't short on enemies and grudges though. That is pretty well known throughout Detroit in terms of business partners and several other things that the family has held through to punishing for years. Keep in mind there has been minimal re-embracing of Fedorov.

Counter to your easier question. What do you think Chris Ilitch knows about Krupp? Would you go against years of the claim from your own family that someone bilked you out of money under less than ideal circumstances. Krupp's was a really nasty divorce. I question if Krupp would also really forgive the Wings either, since it has long been claimed by his side that the Wings did what they did to him because they mistakenly didn't insure his contract. This is a match I just cannot see. For a refresher here is an Albom story on it.

MITCH ALBOM ON: KRUPP V. WINGS: 'I WANT MY REPUTATION BACK'DOG-EAT-DOG LEGAL BATTLE RAGES ON OVER $12.3 MILLION » Mitch Albom

I really doubt this is a water under the bridge scenario. I don't think time heals all wounds.

Wow you really have it our for Krupp. Sad.

Anyway, on a more positive note, Krupp has been doing great thing in the world of coaching, notably with Prague. I like Soderholm, but I think Krupp is up there to replace him.

You gonna do your job and take action against the guy who called me a coward in the other thread or are you just gonna attack me in this threads out of personal spite? I'm a huge fan of mods, but I'm gonna point out low standards when I see them. Thanks.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wow you really have it our for Krupp. Sad.

Anyway, on a more positive note, Krupp has been doing great thing in the world of coaching, notably with Prague. I like Soderholm, but I think Krupp is up there to replace him.

You gonna do your job and take action against the guy who called me a coward in the other thread or are you just gonna attack me in this threads out of personal spite? I'm a huge fan of mods, but I'm gonna point out low standards when I see them. Thanks.

No I am going to go to bed for my six am work wake up call for my actual job. This isn't a paying gig nor do I view it as a job... He didn't call you a coward, he called the point cowardly, the same way you straddled the line calling out his crappy video for being a crappy video and that staying. But just so you know there is a rule against moderating in threads which both posters seem to be doing when you aren't one and bleeding it over into other threads isn't appreciated either.

If we all just posted with a little more decency and less trying to rile people up to call in moderators to clean up like elementary school teachers that would be great. If you don't have something nice to say..... Goodnight.

@Winger98 @Heaton @ArGarBarGar FYI

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
No I am going to go to bed for my six am work wake up call for my actual job. This isn't a paying gig nor do I view it as a job... He didn't call you a coward, he called the point cowardly, the same way you straddled the line calling out his crappy video for being a crappy video and that staying. But just so you know there is a rule against moderating in threads which both posters seem to be doing when you aren't one and bleeding it over into other threads isn't appreciated either.

If we all just posted with a little more decency and less trying to rile people up to call in moderators to clean up like elementary school teachers that would be great. If you don't have something nice to say..... Goodnight.

@Winger98 @Heaton @ArGarBarGar FYI

My response to this was deleted BTW so everyone knows. I find it interesting that mods scrub even when something is within the rules. If it was outside the rules you would have warned or suspended me. But you just scrubbed.

Disagree with a mod, get censored. That seems to be the protocol.

Don't wanna be that guy Zetterberg Era, but I feel forced into the corner at the moment. Sorry....

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
A time tested formula... nobody rises quicker from the ashes to take over the world than a damn german
The guy was Austrian! And the ashes came after his rise...

Stützle might be a nice consolation prize if Detroit were missing out on the two top stars. I wish he would play center in Mannheim, though.

Gruß,
BSHH

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
The guy was Austrian! And the ashes came after his rise...

Stützle might be a nice consolation prize if Detroit were missing out on the two top stars. I wish he would play center in Mannheim, though.

Gruß,
BSHH

Tough as a 17 year old to play center in a men's league, most great centers start out on the wing when they start playing professionally. If we miss out on the Lafenriere/Byfield lottery I'd have no problem with Stutzle.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad