DobberHockey 2007 Prospect Report

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
One day ahead of schedule, the DobberHockey 2007 Fantasy Prospect Report is being e-mailed out to all those who pre-ordered. It's a collaboration between myself and THN fantasy writer/DobberHockey owner Daryl Dobbs.

What's in it?

-Eight prospect profiles per team, for a total of 240. Suited to both fantasy hockey poolies and prospect fiends alike, we offer 50 pages that'll get you more than ready for the fall.

-A 150-pick mock draft. Vital stats and future projections for every one, with the first 90 receiving an in-depth look. Why don't we just do a Top 90? Well, everyone does one of those- why not put a little bit more on the line and give you an idea of who your team might be looking for at the draft table? Using selection history, scouting strengths and plain old crystal ball rubbing, we offer just that.

-Lots 'o lists, if that's more your style. Who do we think you should grab at the keeper league draft table? We'll tell you that, as well as rank the '07 draft class by NHL readiness, offensive potential, etc.

It's the biggest publication I've ever worked on, and I don't think anyone will be disappointed by what we've come up with.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I've seen the guide, and it is absolutely outstanding. In particular, I think its worth noting that the 5 round mock draft (!!! :yo:) is absolutely the most comprehensive mock draft I have ever seen. You guys really give a scoop about some of the most obscure players that most people here have never heard of. I definitely appreciate it when people take the time to put together guides like this for the true fan.

Bugg, I'm wondering, to what extent have you seen some of the players that you projected in the later round? In particular, to what detail have you seen the European players? You seem to have a very good grasp at player styles and career projections!

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Absolutely incredible piece of work, bugg. Just got my copy and have been browsing it, blows all the competition out of the water.

Nice Dobber plug too, I put up a few in my fantasy hockey thread.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I've seen the guide, and it is absolutely outstanding. In particular, I think its worth noting that the 5 round mock draft (!!! :yo:) is absolutely the most comprehensive mock draft I have ever seen. You guys really give a scoop about some of the most obscure players that most people here have never heard of. I definitely appreciate it when people take the time to put together guides like this for the true fan.

Hey, it's what we do. Outdoing everyone else is our goal, and if it means me staying up 28 straight hours to write that darn mock piece, I'll do it.

Bugg, I'm wondering, to what extent have you seen some of the players that you projected in the later round? In particular, to what detail have you seen the European players? You seem to have a very good grasp at player styles and career projections!

I actually have a harder time with the American high school kids than I do with the Euros.

You'll notice that only 21 of the 60 guys covered for rounds 4 and 5 are European. You can break them down into four catagories:

-Russians who fell due to lack of a transfer agreement.
-Players who have risen because of tournaments.
-Players who have flaws but are well-documented.
-Flyers I made a special effort to see.

The first group would obviously be Sergei Korostin, Egor Averin, Maxim Goncharov, and Dimitri Tsyganov. All of them played at the World Junior A Championships, and the first three at the U18s. Easy to watch in person or on video.

The second group is Timo Pielmeier, Anton Kokkonen and Nichlas Torp. Pielmeier first emerged at the WJCs which I obviously watched, Kokkonen played Midget in Utah last year and I caught him at the U18s this season, and Torp was also there.

The third and biggest group are the flawed guys who were members of teams at high-profile events but got ignored for one reason or another. Jens Hellgren, Juha Metsola, Tomas Hiadlovsky, Jesse Jyrkkiö, Patrik Lundh, Ondrej Rusnak, Rudolf Cerveny, Milan Kytnar, Juha-Petteri Purolinna, Zdenko Kotvan and Vili Sopanen fall into this catagory. I either watched the event at the time or secured tape later.

Finally, you've got the players who came to my attention by way of excellent stats and I made an effort to find out what I could about them. Martin Podesva and Petr Chalupa were on that list this year.

So, as you can see, it wasn't too difficult for me to see everyone.

X0ssbar

With the draft being held here locally in Cbus I'll take all the reference material I can get my hands on. This looks great so just picked it up. Can't wait to get it!

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
That's one reason I do the jumbo mocks like that. While it'd be nice to get everybody right, it's more to provide a resource for those who closely follow the draft. Since I'm pretty good at nailing the round a player will end up in, you don't have to go far to find a report on someone.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Oh, and on that note: if anyone wants to get them at the Entry Draft, I'll be there starting on the 21st. I can either hand-deliver previous orders or take an order and print it off for you there.

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
With the draft being held here locally in Cbus I'll take all the reference material I can get my hands on. This looks great so just picked it up. Can't wait to get it!

Did you receive yours yet? I ordered it as well, was just curious the time table to receive it. :)

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Dobber's been out of town, but will be back tomorrow. Let me know if you still haven't gotten it by then. :)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What does it cost??? Is it in a book form or just on the net??? This sounds liek what THN should be doing, nice to know that someone has the ability and work ethic to put this together. NHL GM's keep an eye open, this guy is definately scouting material. Too bad that the Oilers don't have the brains to hire someone like Mr. Bugg.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
What does it cost??? Is it in a book form or just on the net??? This sounds liek what THN should be doing, nice to know that someone has the ability and work ethic to put this together. NHL GM's keep an eye open, this guy is definately scouting material. Too bad that the Oilers don't have the brains to hire someone like Mr. Bugg.

1. $8.95
2. Online only, but most print it out. At 87 pages, have a high-speed printer at your disposal!
3. That's why I'll be at the draft. I want every table to have one of these.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
1. $8.95
2. Online only, but most print it out. At 87 pages, have a high-speed printer at your disposal!
3. That's why I'll be at the draft. I want every table to have one of these.

Good idea, give every team one and when they see how accurate some of your picks are, there's no better way to strutt your stuff IMO. Since I didn't buy THN's draft preview, I'll likely look to buy your guide. Nothing like rewarding someone for their great work!!! :yo:

ollien

Jan 9, 2007
Hey Mr Bugg, i bought the guide yesterday but havent received any email yet. Just wondering how long it normally gets emailed out after? Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad