Blue Jays Discussion: Do you want to learn the horrifying truth? Or do you want to see Vlad Jr. sock some dingers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
Buster Olney writes (ESPN+) that prices for players are insane right now, including rentals.

This is it, Shatkins, no more excuses - we need to cash in the most valuable sp and rp on the market for some actual blue-chip pitching prospects. Trading for more over-ripe AAAA players won't cut it this year.

Hard to say how the market will actually shake out. Stroman and Giles may not be best available, and asks might not be actually met by buyers

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Not sold on a package around Graterol. He's been out with a shoulder "impingement" for a couple months now (and already has previous TJS on his medical card) and I don't like dealing for guys with shady medicals attached...thanks Kenny Williams. Not sure Graterol has the long term durability to be a long term TOR arm. I think he might eventually end up as a late inning reliever.

Also should be noted that Wander Javier is f***ing terrible and has no business being a 2nd piece in that trade. He's a worse hitting Kevin Vicuna...and Vicuna is a nothing prospect in our system. Updated twins rankings should have him in mid 20's.

If twins want Stroman+Giles I'd start with Kirilloff+. If Kirilloff is off limits the trade would need to start with Larnach+Balazovic and add some interesting lower level pieces from there(Duran and Urbina, etc).

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I think the best fits for Stroman are San Diego, Atlanta, and Tampa. Stroman has a low salary that can fit those teams budgets and those teams have plenty of high end prospect capital to deal without taking too much of a hit.

I can't see a favorable deal with Houston or New York unless those teams are willing to dangle quality in return like Whitley(stros), Tucker(stros), or Garcia (Yanks). Really have a hard time coming up with a deal involving those two teams unless on of those prospects are involved. Any quantity based package from those systems feels very light and unfulfilling.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
More I think about trading Stroman the jays better get quality back! With the juiced ball this year he has managed to keep the ball in the yard! Another plus. They better get quality and not quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->