Do you want this team to make the playoffs this year?

Do you want the Wild to make the playoffs?

• Total voters

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Silly question? Maybe. Opinions seem to be all over the place though.

If you're in the playoffs, you still have a shot at the cup (though we know the odds).

If you miss, you've got to expect bigger changes are coming. Also a shot at Hughes and a better draft pick.

I still vote yes quite easily.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Sadly this is the year to be a buyer, they just don't have the team to justify it. :banghead:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i know sth's & mgmt. probably want to make the playoffs , but i'd rather see the next 2 drafts with high or higher picks to hopefully get some better talent. current core does not look like cup contenders. picking guys off waivers and trading for project / retreads wont make this team elite. after kaprizov gets here then go cup crazy!

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
No. we will go nowhere in the playoffs, dumba wont be back and likely koivu out awhile with a knee issue plus nothing about this team makes me think they can go deep in the playoffs. they need more offensive studs. too many middle 6 forwards.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
No. Sell of what we cant and regroup for next year. Getting swept will just piss me off.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I'd rather be 1 point in vs 1 point out and that's very well what it might come down to. The Wild play well against the good teams. They wouldn't win the cup, but they might steal a series and that would be pretty fun.

If the option is sneak in or lose the next 29 then bring on the tank.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
With Dumba and now Koivu hurt, no. Take your lumps, get a decent pick, bring the band back next year. An 8th seed pounding does them no good.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Yes, because who knows? We could pick the next Pavel Zacha and be irrelevant for the next 10 years.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yes, because who knows? We could pick the next Pavel Zacha and be irrelevant for the next 10 years.

I would have gone with the NYI and 4/5oa picks: Nino (was traded for pennies on the dollar in Clutterbuck), R. Strome, G. Reinhart, Dal Colle (not looking good so far with him)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I voted No, but what I really meant is that I don't want another first round exit at the expense of a higher draft pick( say a 12oa v an 18 OA).
Trading Staal will also give us some extra draft picks to replenish our sad prospect pool.

Even with a healthy Dumba, Granlund, and Koivu we are a longshot to win a series, let alone two. This is not a good team.

The Fletcher plan did not work. Now it's whether the team rips off the bandaid quickly, or takes the slower, more agonizing death. Suter, Parise, Koivu, Staal...they ain't getting better, folks.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I voted No, but what I really meant is that I don't want another first round exit at the expense of a higher draft pick( say a 12oa v an 18 OA).
Trading Staal will also give us some extra draft picks to replenish our sad prospect pool.

Even with a healthy Dumba, Granlund, and Koivu we are a longshot to win a series, let alone two. This is not a good team.

The Fletcher plan did not work. Now it's whether the team rips off the bandaid quickly, or takes the slower, more agonizing death. Suter, Parise, Koivu, Staal...they ain't getting better, folks.

You don't have to worry about what number your 1st round pick if you trade it away... :sarcasm: :banghead:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I voted no, and it’s not so much about drafting 15th instead of 20th for me. It’s more about wanting to see a big shake-up of this core. I don’t buy that the changes that need to be made are made if we make the playoffs, and they certainly won’t be made if we win a series or two.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I'd rather be 1 point in vs 1 point out and that's very well what it might come down to. The Wild play well against the good teams. They wouldn't win the cup, but they might steal a series and that would be pretty fun.

If the option is sneak in or lose the next 29 then bring on the tank.
Given the update to Koivu I would like to revise my vote.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Making the playoffs, upsetting a couple of teams, losing in the Conference Finals? Still worth holding onto Staal and Fehr (and Rask)?

Hard to see it happening. And I do feel really bad for Bruce and the older guys who probably see a ring slipping away.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
No. There is no chance of making a serious run this year. Move a couple of pieces now to add draft capital. Keep the core. Try and reload in the summer. I would expect next year to be fighting for a high draft pick. This is not going to be fun to watch.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I vote yes, just because in hockey Cinderella stories happen every so often, we in Minnesota should know that with the 91 North Stars and 03 Wild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad