Do you want Pete Deboer Fired ?? Merged: Pick the date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And I don't want any more of this forechecking system when he goes. It just doesn't work for this team. The offense hasn't really been good enough to say it's effective. We need a new system for this team. I'm tired of leading Fenwick/Corsi. I want WINS!

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
DeBoer was brought in to appease Zach, who ended up leaving anyways. The team DeBoer coached when he was first brought in is radically different now. The system just doesn't work, its time to make a change.

He lost 10 games in a row last season, 6 in a row to start this one, you'd have to be ****ing BLIND not to see the obvious here...

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thinking back on it, I wish we got Hitchcock. There I said it.

DeBoer was brought in to appease Zach, who ended up leaving anyways. The team DeBoer coached when he was first brought in is radically different now. The system just doesn't work, its time to make a change.

He lost 10 games in a row last season, 6 in a row to start this one, you'd have to be ****ing BLIND not to see the obvious here...

Had Zajac not scored in OT in game 6 and Marcel Goc did instead, he'd of been fired already.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Guy Boucher.
it didn't always show in Tampa, but he was known as Lemaire Jr.

So if you want Lemaire, he's an option

I'm intrigued by him (Mostly because of just how bad Deboer is) and I'm also a little discouraged by him, as I saw a lot of times in TB they were pinned in their own end.

I'm afraid we'll see that with him. That hasn't been as much of a problem with Deboer. Do you think he'll be a good option?

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Maurice is an option, he is no longer in Russia. Boucher is as well (though if I recall his defensive zone system is unorthodox which leaves me concerned)

The offensive zone system is fine, IMO. They need to pair it with better defensive zone coverage. That has been an issue throughout Deboer's tenure.

Tonight was a no show and they looked lost, but tonight wasn't the game that bothered me. Edmonton and Calgary are the games that bother me.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
And I don't want any more of this forechecking system when he goes. It just doesn't work for this team. The offense hasn't really been good enough to say it's effective. We need a new system for this team. I'm tired of leading Fenwick/Corsi. I want WINS!

Forechecking worked pretty well in 11-12, and at the start and end of last season. Offense wasn't even a problem this season until tonight. Up until 3 hours ago, it was defense that was costing us games.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Perhaps I'm looking a bit more into this than I should, however although new ownership said they will let Lou do his thing (George Steinbrenner said the same when he first took over the Yankees), you have to imagine they do not want a product THIS poor to start and there is the possibility they could pressure Lou to make a coaching move or something

Did they purchase the team largely because of the arena, yes, but one has to wonder when things are this bad if there will be pressure from the tippy top

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
9 row in the past 42 games looooool

This system looks good but that's it, they don't produce goals, and it seems like every other minute there is an odd man rush against them. Hell even now it doesn't even seem like they dominate possesion.

Feel bad for Schneider, they've scored 2 goals all year with him in the net.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Forechecking worked pretty well in 11-12, and at the start and end of last season. Offense wasn't even a problem this season until tonight. Up until 3 hours ago, it was defense that was costing us games.

You're right, but I still don't think this system works with the horses we have now.

There's a lot of odd man rushes too, and I don't see an end to them.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If Paul Maurice is available we absolutely should hire him, excellent coach with a professional demeanor and a good judge of talent.

apice3*

I'm pretty sure the turning point of this franchise was when Larry Robinson left the bench.

Also, I think him leaving really hurt Larsson's development. Larsson seems like a quiet, sensitive kid and Robinson seemed to serve as a comforting father figure to him. I just remember how happy Robinson was when Larsson scored, went up to personally congratulate him on the bench and the kid cracked the biggest smile. Now Stevens is in and you know that he's a huge hard ass and probably screams at the kid to no end. Now the kid is terrified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->