Do you want Pete Deboer Fired ?? Merged: Pick the date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckingham Claude*

Which is it? "Goes" or "Got"? :laugh:

Excuse me but Lou somehow managed to get us a true successor to Marty so I can't agree with you that he's a bum. Yeah the volch contract was dumb but getting Schneider more than made up for it. I just want him to jettison Volch the first chance he gets.

You could be right about Scott not being able to "train boneheads" but at the same time, it's HIS call as far as the Defense goes. PLUS, if you recall, when Robinson was in Scott Steven's place, the Devils 'D' was fine then(remember?). So it's not all on Pete here or Lou for that matter.

Scott isn't doing something right with his coaching....That's why I think it would be prudent to see if Lemaire would like to come back as an Assistant(replacing Stevens) solely to help re-create the 'D' that was a staple of the Devils franchise.

BTW, what's with the dancing monkeys? :huh:

Agree with you on Lou and Marty. Don't get me wrong, I have been a big LL fan forever, however as good as Lou was for so many years, he has become almost the exact opposite. For some reason he has made consistent/countless bad decisions for years.

The Rolston contract was king of the heap.

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
When a team has ZERO wins, practice should not be optional. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

practice was yesterday, morning skate(today) is optional.

I dont think Deboer should get fired, some of his choices suck but players really seem to like him and he runs a pretty good system. I would change our Assistant coaches first.

NJD21

Jul 2, 2011
His game time decisions are absolutely awful.

The combination of Stevens and Deboer are hurting Larssons development. He benches Larsson and gives Volchenkov a pass? Ridiculous.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I don't like his lineup decisions, but I do not want him fired. They will play their way out of it. If he figures out that certain players suck and he should be playing kids instead, it will happen much quicker.

Buckingham Claude*

The coach is stubborn as a mule.

I wanted to give Deboer a pass but he should be fired for keeping Volchenkov in the line up alone.

Is he seriously believing Volchenkov is better than Fayne??????

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Only lineup change is Lokti in for Josefson? Ffs this is getting crazy.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
A few things.

- We were icing the likes of Tommy K (who is an AHLer nowadays) and Bobby Butler on a regular basis. Our lineup last year wasn't THAT fantastic.
- We had injuries up the ass. Kovy and Marty were both injuried, we had to start Hedberg as a result and that was another big factor that kept us out of the playoffs that year. If Marty was fully healthy or if we had Schneider we would have been a playoff team. Until those said injuries we were one of the top teams in the league. (Even with such a sub-par lineup.) That's an example of GOOD coaching.

In fact, none of this has to do with bad coaching. We haven't won a game really IMO because we have a pretty brand new roster lineup that is still trying to gel. You are asking for instant results and that's just not going to happen.

You want to see an example of bad coaching? The Rangers have pretty much the same lineup as last year and aren't nearly the same team since Torts left. At least we haven't been dropping games by blow out scores like 6-0 and 9-2 on a regular basis. Our games have for the most part been competitive.

The only thing I don't like about Pete is how he treats the younger guys. Should he be fired because of that? I think that's a stretch. To say he's a bad coach because he got dealt a lineup last year with our two of our top guys injured and a brand-new cast this year? That's even more so of a stretch.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
A few things.

- We were icing the likes of Tommy K (who is an AHLer nowadays) and Bobby Butler on a regular basis. Our lineup last year wasn't THAT fantastic.
- We had injuries up the ass. Kovy and Marty were both injuried, we had to start Hedberg as a result and that was another big factor that kept us out of the playoffs that year. If Marty was fully healthy or if we had Schneider we would have been a playoff team. Until those said injuries we were one of the top teams in the league. (Even with such a sub-par lineup.) That's an example of GOOD coaching.

In fact, none of this has to do with bad coaching. We haven't won a game really IMO because we have a pretty brand new roster lineup that is still trying to gel. You are asking for instant results and that's just not going to happen.

You want to see an example of bad coaching? The Rangers have pretty much the same lineup as last year and aren't nearly the same team since Torts left. At least we haven't been dropping games by blow out scores like 6-0 and 9-2 on a regular basis. Our games have for the most part been competitive.

The only thing I don't like about Pete is how he treats the younger guys. Should he be fired because of that? I think that's a stretch. To say he's a bad coach because he got dealt a lineup last year with our two of our top guys injured and a brand-new cast this year? That's even more so of a stretch.

well put. This isnt a coaching issue yet when we couldve won 4 out of 5 with bit of luck. Some remember jmac start where 60 minutes of the mickey mouse circus seemed to last forever.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
No, but I wish there was a critical reporter like Larry Brooks writing about Devils and asking some tough questions and to give him and the likes of Volchenkov hell.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
No, but I wish there was a critical reporter like Larry Brooks writing about Devils and asking some tough questions and to give him and the likes of Volchenkov hell.

this is one thing that I always wished was the case as well.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we don't get a win between now and the Rangers game, I'm voting yes.

That's 3 games to try and get a win. Still afraid of who his replacement might be more than anything. I've never really liked him, protested the hiring, and absolutely he should not be extended if his contract is up this Summer.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
If we don't get a win between now and the Rangers game, I'm voting yes.

That's 3 games to try and get a win. Still afraid of who his replacement might be more than anything. I've never really liked him, protested the hiring, and absolutely he should not be extended if his contract is up this Summer.

What's Paul Maurice doing these days? I don't think he's coaching in the KHL anymore.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What's Paul Maurice doing these days? I don't think he's coaching in the KHL anymore.

I hoped we could get him for an assistant before Foligno was hired.

He was supposedly contracted for 2 years in the KHL, but I've seen him on the TSN (Or whatever panel it was) crew this year.

Just hell no to Stevens, and a giant HELL NO to Kevin Dineen. I feel his tenure as Panthers head coach is about to end. In my prediction, he'll be the next coach fired. He makes Deboer look like Scotty Bowman. Garbage player, garbage coach.

fortheloveof666

Resident soothsayer
Feb 22, 2007
Dirty Jerz
No. Sports have become so ****ing fickle about coaching it's disturbing. So what, we came out low. This type of sink or swim pressure is partly why coaches end up making awful choices. They tend to make safe choices too. Anything too dramatic could look desperate and he also runs the risk of losing the team.

I agree with the consensus that younger guys need more of an opportunity and while it may not be favorable, in the bit I have watched (which is admittedly not a lot), Volchenkov has largely been atrocious and would love to see him sit in favor of a kid that can still learn from his mistakes.

That being said, I see a team of complacent veterans with the younger players generally not stepping up. That shift the other night was killer...but, one shift doesn't define the rest of the gaffes that have cost us games. That 3rd period in Edmonton was one of the most painful I have watched in recent memory.

Blaming the coach is easy, how about the **** goaltending (on all but one goal) or the veterans that hang their heads like Goober Manning and don't step up and do something? We can change coaches but not even that is going to make this season any better or more bearable.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No. Sports have become so ****ing fickle about coaching it's disturbing. So what, we came out low. This type of sink or swim pressure is partly why coaches end up making awful choices. They tend to make safe choices too. Anything too dramatic could look desperate and he also runs the risk of losing the team.

I agree with the consensus that younger guys need more of an opportunity and while it may not be favorable, in the bit I have watched (which is admittedly not a lot), Volchenkov has largely been atrocious and would love to see him sit in favor of a kid that can still learn from his mistakes.

That being said, I see a team of complacent veterans with the younger players generally not stepping up. That shift the other night was killer...but, one shift doesn't define the rest of the gaffes that have cost us games. That 3rd period in Edmonton was one of the most painful I have watched in recent memory.

Blaming the coach is easy, how about the **** goaltending (on all but one goal) or the veterans that hang their heads like Goober Manning and don't step up and do something? We can change coaches but not even that is going to make this season any better or more bearable.

Wait a minute. You think all but one goal we've allowed this year was stoppable? Or in the Edmonton game?

None of the goals allowed in the last 2 games were on the goalies at all.

IMO the only bad goal Marty gave up in Edmonton was the third goal. Second goal looked bad at first, but it hit off Bernier's leg.

fortheloveof666

Resident soothsayer
Feb 22, 2007
Dirty Jerz
Wait a minute. You think all but one goal we've allowed this year was stoppable? Or in the Edmonton game?

None of the goals allowed in the last 2 games were on the goalies at all.

IMO the only bad goal Marty gave up in Edmonton was the third goal. Second goal looked bad at first, but it hit off Bernier's leg.

I was referring to that third period. And I didn't see it redirect, so maybe that is on me. I was multitasking while watching and probably just missed the replays. The shootout was embarrassing too though. They felt so confident they showed so little respect, two guys did the same thing.

That, I blame the entire team for though. We have been handing out third periods almost every single game. That one being the worst so far. We were slow and they were the opposite and hungry to win. Could take a lesson from that. This methodical hockey thing isn't going to work every single period and despite how we tanked, we still kept trying the same methodical **** rather than ramp up the intensity. It isn't just the coach, though. We have a team of guys that can set those precedents too.

apice3*

When a team has ZERO wins, practice should not be optional. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

Most teams do optional practice on game days. There's also a lot of rules mandated by the CBA about how many practices a team can have per week. I don't follow that stuff very closely so I have no idea what we've done this week.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This is also their fourth game in seven days in four different cities, there's only so much you can practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad