Do You Want Dave Tippett to Coach the Coyotes Next Season?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
In the last year, the team lost Ribs and Verby, traded Yandle and Vermette, Doan got old, Hanzal and Bods were injured and out for the year, and Smith got worse. That means, 8 out of our 9 best players (OEL is the other one) were injured, traded, old, or suck worse (Smith).
All of this with zero replacements at the same level.

That is not a Tip problem, it is a talent problem.

Why is this so hard to understand by others? DT is the last person I blame for last year.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The team needs more talent. I don't believe they'll be able to acquire enough through trades and FAs. They'll have to incorporate the youth to put an exciting team that generates regular offense on the ice. I just have no confidence Tippett will do that.

Losing with exciting youth trying to develop into something is one thing. Losing like we did this season is completely unwatchable. Barely making the playoffs with a bunch of scrap heap slugs while the young talent is looking for a way out of the organization is no better. Hope they've learned from their mistakes.

Read post #367. What Mosby said is correct, I hope.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
and so many posters to this forum make it sound as this is the norm. I look at it as a fluke bad season. And if you going to have a bad season this would be a good time to.

I think most are tired of the circus we have had the last decade, DT and DM are the last ones standing.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Not to interrupt the mutual appreciation society but

Other than one fluke playoff run, what have Tippett and Maloney done to deserve this distinction? A lot of great coaches and GM's around the league have been fired for a lot less recently. It's time to move on.

No problem, we appreciate you too!

Are you forgeting the two previous flukes? :)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
and so many posters to this forum make it sound as this is the norm. I look at it as a fluke bad season. And if you going to have a bad season this would be a good time to.

There was a pretty clear trend towards what happened last season. That to me precludes it from being a fluke. I never thought it would get that low but it did. What better time to reevaluate your situation than after 2 downward trend years capped off with last seasons turd?

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
There was a pretty clear trend towards what happened last season. That to me precludes it from being a fluke. I never thought it would get that low but it did. What better time to reevaluate your situation than after 2 downward trend years capped off with last seasons turd?

We had a fairly solid team the season before last with a BIG personel problem that thwarted it.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Was it not a vast improvement from the previous several years?

I mean it was cool, don't get me wrong. Getting a 73% on a test instead of a 50% is a vast improvement, but nothing Earth shattering. If you got a 60%, 48%, and then 32% on the next three tests after that, you wouldn't exactly be considered a good student.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I mean it was cool, don't get me wrong. Getting a 73% on a test instead of a 50% is a vast improvement, but nothing Earth shattering. If you got a 60%, 48%, and then 32% on the next three tests after that, you wouldn't exactly be considered a good student.

If you get the 73%, you are on the dance floor and anything can happen. We need to just make the playoffs is my point and see what happens. Look at the disappointments this year in San Jose, L.A., and Colorado after last year.

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
Will start by saying I like Tippett a lot. I think he's a top 10 coach in the league (when working with the right personnel). But I think he's going to be good almost to the teams long term detriment. He'll keep us competitive... but that's it. I was a lot more excited about this team when we had mueller, turris coming, tikhonov playing, and maclean on the way (i know his bust is beyond anyones control). Point is we're ******* at holding onto first round picks and that started when tip came in. Gormley will likely be the next one out.

And I dont blame DM either. I think trade wise he wins a lot more than most. Check out ranger and blackhawk forums that firmly believe our two firsts, dahlbeck, moore and duke is traderape. Vermette didn't even play tonight and he was our 1c.

I just think if we're going to be a cap floor team and rebuild proper (as we should). I'd rather we look at a younger coach more willing to play guys, grow and build chemistry

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Will start by saying I like Tippett a lot. I think he's a top 10 coach in the league (when working with the right personnel). But I think he's going to be good almost to the teams long term detriment. He'll keep us competitive... but that's it. I was a lot more excited about this team when we had mueller, turris coming, tikhonov playing, and maclean on the way (i know his bust is beyond anyones control). Point is we're ******* at holding onto first round picks and that started when tip came in. Gormley will likely be the next one out.

And I dont blame DM either. I think trade wise he wins a lot more than most. Check out ranger and blackhawk forums that firmly believe our two firsts, dahlbeck, moore and duke is traderape. Vermette didn't even play tonight and he was our 1c.

I just think if we're going to be a cap floor team and rebuild proper (as we should). I'd rather we look at a younger coach more willing to play guys, grow and build chemistry

Agree with all points.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Not good enough... Quenneville said he was fine

Thats not true, sheesh. The third line was CHI's best one for most of game 2. TT, Vermette, and Sharp were creating a lot of oppertunities. Quenneville said something about fresh legs, which is either him being an idiot, or him covering up some injury. Vermette has won something like 59% of draws in the playoffs

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
Thats not true, sheesh. The third line was CHI's best one for most of game 2. TT, Vermette, and Sharp were creating a lot of oppertunities. Quenneville said something about fresh legs, which is either him being an idiot, or him covering up some injury. Vermette has won something like 59% of draws in the playoffs

Then why would he ride pine?. They need goals not draws. AV has 1.0 goals since being a hawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->