Do You View Rick Nash as a Blue Jacket or Ranger?

Which do you think of him as?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Uhh. CLB and not very close. Close my eyes and picture Rick nash, I see his end to end goal from early in his career.

Same with Mess. Close my eyes hes in an oiler uni. With how often NYR assimilate stars at the end of their career, i feel like 50% of the stars would be remembered as NYR if we went that way.

Reactions: Sticktape

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Jacket. He only had 2 really good years in New York and 1 was a shortened season. He had nearly double the total goals and points in Columbus, many more good seasons, and it's not like his playoff performances with the Rangers were great to balance out the regular season disparity. Maybe you can argue his 14-15 season with the Rangers was his best year given league-wide scoring and his ice time, but it's not substantial enough to make up the longevity disparity either.

Last edited:

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Not only do I view him as a Jacket, I view him as the Jacket. He was the face of their organization for a decade and works for them. He just got a promotion, actually!

Reactions: abo9

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Woah, did not realize Nash played SIX seasons with the Rangers wtf???

The guy was Columbus' first pick, and their #1OA at that. He probably owns a bunch of records there too I imagine, and he was their only star for a long while.

I know he's played for the Rangers, but it still feels weird that he did.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Woah, did not realize Nash played SIX seasons with the Rangers wtf???

The guy was Columbus' first pick, and their #1OA at that. He probably owns a bunch of records there too I imagine, and he was their only star for a long while.

I know he's played for the Rangers, but it still feels weird that he did.

Screenshot_20210621-162636_Chrome.jpg

Yup

Reactions: abo9

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
I view him as a Ranger because, like Scott Gomez, Chris Drury, Marian Gaborik, etc. his offense was finally uncaged and allowed to bloom into the 55-pt player we always knew he could be if he just got out of Columbus, Ohio

Reactions: abo9 and Regal

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I view him as one of the biggest postseason underperformers of all time. Never seen a player whose production nose dived so consistently in the playoffs over an entire career.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I view him as one of the biggest postseason underperformers of all time. Never seen a player whose production nose dived so consistently in the playoffs over an entire career.

He was made for Columbus. He did not have to worry about playoffs there...

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Rick Nash was pretty good internationally

So I'd say he's a Canadien :nod:
He was at good at the Worlds, but not so much the Olympics which matter way more. 19 GP, 2 Goals and 5 assists (7 points). Collecting free Gold Medals because you play on a stacked roster with 15 Hall of Famers isn't overly impressive.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
He was at good at the Worlds, but not so much the Olympics which matter way more. 19 GP, 2 Goals and 5 assists (7 points). Collecting free Gold Medals because you play on a stacked roster with 15 Hall of Famers isn't overly impressive.

I mean that's what Canada did in 2014

EDIT: Thought you meant Worlds golds

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015

In all fairness he was given an entirely different role. A checking winger who can occasionally create a bit is kind of the mold when you're not a Hall of Famer

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
In all fairness he was given an entirely different role. A checking winger who can occasionally create a bit is kind of the mold when you're not a Hall of Famer
Sure that is fine, but I still won't use him being a checking third liner to indicate he was a clutch performer (not that I saw anybody claim that necessarily). I mean good for him for doing his part on a super stacked team that could have cruised to Gold whether he was there or not, I just still view his postseason career as a letdown.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Uhh. CLB and not very close. Close my eyes and picture Rick nash, I see his end to end goal from early in his career.

Same with Mess. Close my eyes hes in an oiler uni. With how often NYR assimilate stars at the end of their career, i feel like 50% of the stars would be remembered as NYR if we went that way.

I think you're disrespecting Rangers legend Wayne Gretzky :sarcasm:

Reactions: North Cole
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->