Salary Cap: Do you trust Kyle Dubas with salary negotiations?

Do you trust Kyle Dubas with salary negotiations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Yet for no other player will we use non-NHL time to draw any conclusions.

Why that 4th year means anything when reality has been 3 small injuries over the last 16 months is something i'll never understand. But anything to fit the "he's injury prone...3 of 4 years!" narrative, lol

alrighty :thumbu:

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
The league shifting to more of an NBA dynamic has been obvious to anyone paying attention.

In order to avoid that "for the good of hockey" as you say you need to raise all the minimum's...like triple them...so ELC's make closer to $1.5 mil and veteran minimums are at that same level.

Otherwise it's just a larger/more rapid example of how real life works.

Inflation pushes more money to the upper tier of people, in this case talent.

The end result of a higher salary cap isn't higher salaries for 3rd/4th line talent. It's more money to the stars driving the revenue.

So you end up eventually having little to no middle class. A very large lower class. And an upper class that ultimately drives your overall success.

We will see if Dubas' negotiations causes a negative chain reaction for everyone else trying to deal with short term and higher aav's along with insane bonus structure only we and a rare few can afford to do. I have a hard time believing a Point or Laine just signs a team friendly "MacKinnon like" deal now.
You don't see this as a problem?

The NHL cannot use the NBA salary structure as a model. In the NBA there are far fewer players on a roster and for the most part the "stars" play most of if not all of the game. In the NHL the best players play at most one third of the game.

In the NBA if the bench players ain't cutting it the the stars go right back out there and stay out there. In the NHL this is not physically possible. In the NHL, the "middle class" matters.

Reactions: Bomber0104

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
More like 4 years since we can't deal him in year 5 we either deal him in year 4 or watch yet another player join the parade of guys we lost for free . Sound asset management there Dumbass , I'm now convinced he's too dumb to spell his own name correctly .
Are we seriously already concerned about him leaving for free in 5 years? :facepalm:

But if we're a contender of course we keep him in year 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad