Salary Cap: Do you trust Kyle Dubas with salary negotiations? Deux

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I trust Dubas to make sure every young promising player coming out of the TML system is well paid for years to come.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Why can't we look at Mitch's role in all of this?
His 'strategy' was to wait for the other guys to sign. So,that he would not be distracted or whatever. i think no one is fooled really,pretty much all fans figured he would rack up the points this year,thus provcing his value ! However, team playoff performance will have some bearing on Mitch's contract as well.I'm not the best guesser ,but, he will get 10 million likely renewable on a different time frame than Auston and Willy and JT.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
how do you figure saying he'll get 12.6 to 13m x 8yrs is the same as what he actually signed for ?

Didnt say it is. I'm saying that was my guess. How do so many not see how elite he is. And dont go comparing guys who signed 2 3 4 yrs ago. Cap goes up 2 to 3m a yr so say 83 next year and 5yrs from now itll be 98m.

Klinton

Feb 6, 2017
I don't trust you with starting another thread. Who are you to ask if we are to trust people. We're not the ones in charge. And what if we trust him or not; who cares. We are hockey fans and we cheer on a team; we're not management.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Didnt say it is. I'm saying that was my guess. How do so many not see how elite he is. And dont go comparing guys who signed 2 3 4 yrs ago. Cap goes up 2 to 3m a yr so say 83 next year and 5yrs from now itll be 98m.
you said you had a thread in the summer and called it , now you're saying you just guessed an amount which wasn't even close to what he got

which leaves me wondering what you're trying to say

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
you said you had a thread in the summer and called it , now you're saying you just guessed an amount which wasn't even close to what he got

which leaves me wondering what you're trying to say

Never said summer. I said I had a Matthew's next contract thread with a poll on length and $ and I guessed 5yrs at 11.6

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
If Dubas only offered 7.5, I dont blame anyone for this crap other than Dubas. It would not have been a serious offer.
In the summer it was a fair deal, no?

It was a dick move to do it on Matthews family's big day.

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
Good players get paid, even if he did get overpaid what were they going to do, sign a different Auston Matthews?

Good players get paid well because there is only so much high-end talent available.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Agree. There’s no problem with the Matthews or Nylander contracts. Dubas is doing fine, and all this back seat driving about how the Leafs overpaid is just embarrassing.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
In the summer it was a fair deal, no?

It was a dick move to do it on Matthews family's big day.
It wasn't a fair deal. He exploded in the second half of the year and he had another year left in his elc. Why would Marner accept it when he knew he had easily elevated his game to a point that could easily sustain in excess of a point per game. The offer was a waste of time and was insulting.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Remember a couple years ago when drai signed for 8 mil and eichel signed for 10 mil?

Everyone (myself included) called those contracts awful.

Now, a couple years later, their deals look pretty good.

Hopefully the same will happen for the leafs.

Although that 5 year contract still bugs me.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
It wasn't a fair deal. He exploded in the second half of the year and he had another year left in his elc. Why would Marner accept it when he knew he had easily elevated his game to a point that could easily sustain in excess of a point per game. The offer was a waste of time and was insulting.
9m for a 60 point player who may or may not have had a hot streak. Come on.

Are you related to Darren Ferris or something?

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
9m for a 60 point player who may or may not have had a hot streak. Come on.

Are you related to Darren Ferris or something?
Is math hard? 1.13 p/game after January with 9 points in 7 in the playoffs is over a 90 pt rate. That isnt a streak. Proved right by his play this year. Not being able to project at the worse 82 points is incompetance. You supporting incompetance?

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
Is math hard? 1.13 p/game after January with 9 points in 7 in the playoffs is over a 90 pt rate. That isnt a streak. Proved right by his play this year. Not being able to project at the worse 82 points is incompetance. You supporting incompetance?
Is a 3 month point streak worth 3m per year?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

It’s a 40 game sample size, less than 50% of a season:

Yes part of management is projecting, but there’s a major risk involved with such a relatively small sample. Name another player who got such a significant contract based on a scoring pace for less than 50% of a season.... hard to do

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
It’s a 40 game sample size, less than 50% of a season:

Yes part of management is projecting, but there’s a major risk involved with such a relatively small sample. Name another player who got such a significant contract based on a scoring pace for less than 50% of a season.... hard to do
You are arguing 49% over 50%? You believe 1 game is material?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad