Do you trust Babcock's coaching in Game 7?

• Total voters

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
You've probably been thinking something similar all summer.

Do you think he has changed? Does he need to change? Will he change his ways for the playoffs this time around?

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
this should be a fun thread.

folks who have never stepped behind a bench in their life (certainly not an NHL bench) are going to tell us how Babcock should coach

I trust Babcock behind the bench a heckuva lot more than stats readers from this board.

In viewing the individual teams pages, this seems to be common.

All these fans thinking they know more than the coach.

Plumbers by day, NHL advisors by night. :)

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008

folks who have never stepped behind a bench in their life (certainly not an NHL bench) are going to tell us how Babcock should coach

I trust Babcock behind the bench a heckuva lot more than stats readers from this board.

So no one can criticize any coach because they haven't been a coach before???

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Based off of the past, no.
To see if he accepted the shit kicking he got and changed his stubborn mentality and join todays era, we have yet to see.

Reactions: ToMaLe

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
So no one can criticize any coach because they haven't been a coach before???
Criticism is fine.......saying things like "I barely trust Babcock in tonight's game 7 of preseason" is a comment that really can't be taken seriously, and shows a fair amount of ignorance IMO

Reactions: I Am A Goon

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Criticism is fine.......saying things like "I barely trust Babcock in tonight's game 7 of preseason" is a comment that really can't be taken seriously, and shows a fair amount of ignorance IMO

Ignorant??? Almost as ignorant as criticizing a "tongue in cheek" comment for it's seriousness?

Of course I trust Babcock in tonight's game. It's 4 4th lines, even Babcock can't screw up assigning TOI tonight. It's actually tomorrow's game I have little trust in him.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I'll criticize Babcock when the young players start scoring more goals then they let in.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
1. Using Hyman with one leg VS Bruins Top Line was complete idiocy. You start exploring options at that point. Unforgivable.

2. And 3. Using Matthews the same amount of minutes as Marleau is a 2 way disaster.

4. We got new Assistant Coaches, but Babs probably had somthing to do with it - Our PP was so bad the end half of the season. Like Beer league bad.

5. When Nylander got back in shape, started to dangle pucks, gain O zone time. Babs refuses to move him away from Brown and Marleau. Brown... and Marleau...

I mean, swap AJ or Kap to link with Matthews more? Add him to JT Marners line?
These were 3rd period 1 goal deficits too.

I really hope he has changed this season.

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013

Well I guess we better just shut these forums down. None of us have played at the NHL level, coached at the NHL level, or GM'd at the NHL level, so....

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
It will be interesting as almost all of his favourites have been removed from the team.

But no I do not trust his coaching ability. In my mind a coach who is unable to adapt rarely has success. If the other team nullifies the stretch pass break, does he have a backup plan? No he keeps at it despite how futile it is.

Does he double shift his star players and reduce the ice time for the 4th line when a goal is needed? Only at the latest moment possible.

He has irrational bias for certain players abilities and negative dislike for ones he should take advantage more of. All statistics and the eyetest showed how poor Komorov was defensively two years ago, and he still did not learn from Brown last season.

He will likely continue his stubborn inability to juggle lines in game and his silly love for ineffective penalty killers. I think his coaching actually has stunted production and has grounded the team below where it could be.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

I know more. Source: Am also NHL coach.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
His inability or refusal to adapt has been a killer for us. Even when he does change things it’s after months of his way not working.

I don’t trust him to be able to make on the fly changes. Two years in a row Cassidy has played Babcock like a fiddle due to his incessant need to line match. Until I see Babs has changed his rigid ways I won’t trust him in do-or-die situations.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Game 6 was the abomination. So I guess I don't trust him in game 6 or 7.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
losing isnt on babcock. he likes to line match but by doing so he is putting our players in a position to succeed. Its up to the players to perform.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I really don’t think that a veteran coach like Babcock can change.
At least for long

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad