do you think?

gorrillaunit18

that american prospects coming up are good enough to dominate hockey in the future? or will we still just be average? it seems though that we are getting WAY better though...
thanks

heusy_57

Apr 9, 2004
that american prospects coming up are good enough to dominate hockey in the future? or will we still just be average? it seems though that we are getting WAY better though...
thanks

I believe that although the American top-end talent pool has dramatically improved over the past few years ( Johnsons, Mueller, JVR, Kessel etc), they still lack the overall depth that the Canadians always have. That being said, I think that we will soon be entering a great era for American hockey. This sort of thing seems to go in cycles, with countries rising up to new heights with a certain core group of players. An example would be the Czech group that won the Olympic gold and a few world championships in the late 90's/early 00's. This up and coming group of American prospects could result in one of the better eras of American hockey to date, although I think that the idea that they will "dominate hockey" is quite far fetched. There is just too much parity these days, and I can't really see any country being able to completely dominate the international scene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad