Do you think there are 1 ppg players hiding in the NHL?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Mark Stone is a PPG player. Not too many fellas know this, because he hasn't yet scored 70 points in one season. He'll score 80 this year and rather easily.

He's barely over PPG...that's not exactly "easily"

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
If Mantha finds consistency he could have a ppg season in his prime.

Kinda reminds me of Franzen in that aspect, which is both a good and bad thing.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
My guess is Ondrej Kase. High points per minute, not a lot of powerplay points. In a bigger a role with the right players around him, I could see him hitting the ppg at some point in his career.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
There are absolutely PPG players being underutilized in the NHL, it's not even a question. Martin St. Louis is a Hall of Famer who cleared NHL waivers just a few years before winning the Art Ross, Hart, Pearson. William Karlsson was a PPG last season. Elias Lindholm is a PPG this season. Brayden Schenn went from a 2LW in Philly three seasons ago to suddenly centering Schwartz and Tarasenko and has a 70pt season. The list goes on. Remember Mike Richards was a superstar centering Jeff Carter in a first line role?

Just this year you can look at Dylan Strome, looked like a bust in Arizona and now PPG in Chicago.

It also goes the other way, a lot of these "PPG" players like Monahan and Draisaitl are a classic case of an ideal scenario for their limited, but effective skillsets.

As for who? Here, I'll toss three names out there:

Sam Bennett
Sam Bennett
Sam Bennett

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Drouin

In the past I would have said Schwartz but he's fallen hard.
Schwartz has a ton of skill, but for some reason this year he just cannot find the back of the net to save his life. Now he's stuck on our second line with Bozak and Steen which is not exactly a great situation to rack up the points. I could see him coming right back next year and playing close to PPG.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
It doesn't work like that?m. The guy playin 5 minutes a night is facing bottom pairing dmen. If you're getting .20 minutes you're getting the top pairing.
Yup. Plus fatigue effects/needing to conserve more energy.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Schwartz has a ton of skill, but for some reason this year he just cannot find the back of the net to save his life. Now he's stuck on our second line with Bozak and Steen which is not exactly a great situation to rack up the points. I could see him coming right back next year and playing close to PPG.
Thing is, in the past he had shown glimpses of potential and it seemed every time he'd get hurt.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Given the right situation, I think Torey Krug would have a shot at it.

For example, if you put him on Tampa in Sergachev's spot I think he hits 1.00 PPG

He's an elite PP weapon, and his PPG has jumped every year for the last 5 seasons:

He's currently at 40 in 46 so far this season, so its not that far fetched

Man Krug is underrated.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
102438951_crop_650x440.jpg

Reactions: RussianShark

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
JG Pageau if he got cookie minutes and PP time as a #1C. Free him from the checking role and he'd tear it up.

Which might actually happen as Ottawa seems poised to trade all their producers.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well Ryan O'Reilly said he could be a PPG player....living up to his word

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad