Do you think there are 1 ppg players hiding in the NHL?

mulletmanofusa

Nov 9, 2018
Let me explain; Do you think there any established NHL players that could be potential 1 ppg if they got the chance? I'm not talking about rookies, I'm talking about players in the lower lines that have played for a while and most people think are playing at their best.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think there are about 10-15 defensemen in the league who could come pretty close to it if they got put in the position that guys like Victor Hedman, Mark Giordano, or John Carlson are in.

Reactions: jetsforever

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Is that the position called being better than everyone else?

The position is called playing defense behind a top-notch playmaker-shooter duo like Gaudreau-Monahan, Kuznetsov-Ovechkin, Kucherov-Point. You could also bring up Rielly and Barrie and look at the spots they’re in.

There are probably 5-10 RHD in the NHL who could play on Edmonton, with roughly 3/4 of their TOI with McDavid/Draisaitl and Klefbom, and score a point per game. I think if you put John Klingberg in that position, he could do it. I think if you put Keith Yandle in Giordano or Rielly’s position, he would be close to a point per game.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
27 points his last 32 games, on the fourth line.

To be fair to this, he does have a 108 PDO in that span.

He is very good. I was laughed at for suggesting he was similar to Arvidsson during the playoffs last year. Small late round pick, couple good years in sweden, slow ahl start leading into dominance, really good motor.

I think he'll have a 30/30 season if he sticks with Toronto for another couple years and plays with JT/Matthews.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
This thread would've screamed Galchenyuk in the past few years but that ship might've sailed at this point.

Reactions: ER89

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Mark Stone is a PPG player. Not too many fellas know this, because he hasn't yet scored 70 points in one season. He'll score 80 this year and rather easily.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It was weird, I was walking behind the arena, and low and behold, there was this guy there behind the dumpster. It was a player from the team, he was hiding cause the coach wanted 2 points per game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->