Do you think the NHLPA will accept the NHL's offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Koivu11 said:
What do you think?

Does this offer have any revenue sharing? If so, then they might consider it. If not, then they walk away.

I think the league is being selfish by not including revenue sharing. Everyone blames the players for being greedy, but Bettman and his cronies are just as bad.

SPARTAKUS*

Rhett4 said:
Does this offer have any revenue sharing? If so, then they might consider it. If not, then they walk away.

I think the league is being selfish by not including revenue sharing. Everyone blames the players for being greedy, but Bettman and his cronies are just as bad.
Do you know for a fact that the NHL as not include any revenue sharing?
I think the players will accept this offer. Why? Because it's the best offer they will ever get period.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bettman will and is looking bad with his 42.5M take it or leave it, I thought he would be around 45-46M...that doesn't mean everyone is going to spend it up to that level, my pro owners slant is switching to the players for finally conceeding a cap...Come on Gary work with them here...

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
OTTSENS said:
Do you know for a fact that the NHL as not include any revenue sharing?
I think the players will accept this offer. Why? Because it's the best offer they will ever get period.

I have no idea if they have revenue sharing or not. That's why I asked. I know they were against it earlier, however.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
BLONG7 said:
Bettman will and is looking bad with his 42.5M take it or leave it, I thought he would be around 45-46M...that doesn't mean everyone is going to spend it up to that level, my pro owners slant is switching to the players for finally conceeding a cap...Come on Gary work with them here...

Yeah I am on the owners side but that is a little low. Hopefully the owners will accept something around 46 give or take a million.

SPARTAKUS*

BLONG7 said:
Are you telling me that the players will refuse this offer for a 2.5 million gap?

Spooner

Feb 26, 2004
Oh, here and there
I voted yes, but I'm an optimist. I think the minute they agreed to a salary cap it was just a matter of time before they got the numbers down. They broke down the first wall, I don't think either side is going to let a few million get in the way of a season.

SPARTAKUS*

Rhett4 said:
I have no idea if they have revenue sharing or not. That's why I asked. I know they were against it earlier, however.
I heard on TSN that the NHL as assure the union that they will be enough revenue sharing to ensure that all the clubs will met the $32 millions floor

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
sandman441 said:
Yeah I am on the owners side but that is a little low. Hopefully the owners will accept something around 46 give or take a million.
44.7 million (that includes bonuses), you call that low for 20 roster players? You must be kidding me....

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
OTTSENS said:
I heard on TSN that the NHL as assure the union that they will be enough revenue sharing to ensure that all the clubs will met the $32 millions floor

That I like. If they can make sure no team loses money at 32 million, then that's a good deal. With some good management, teams can go higher and make profits.

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
do you think the NHLPA will reject this right away to make the NHL think about their hard stance longer? Seems like the longer it takes for the NHLPA to respond the more likely the NHLPA will accept it

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
I put no for the simple reason that Bettman made the letter public. Proposals I can see making public, but not an ultimatium letter. It is not "good faith" negotiating IMO. I think we will hear them reject it very soon. :help:

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
I would love for the PA to say yes, but Bettman has put a gun to their head. I don't like it, and I don't think the PA does at all.

Having said this I didn't imagine the PA and the league would be this close to a deal... these sides are extremely close. If the PA wants more, just ask for a re-open clause and watch the $$$.

Take it this time so you can give it next time.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Rhett4 said:

Why should their be revenue sharing? This isnt some communist league where if your business fails because you made a dumb decision by bringing it to a market such as carolina, you should be benefited. People who have made smart business decisions like bringing their expansion franchise to St. Paul, running their operation efficiently should not be penalized and should get to keep their profits.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
According to Goodenow and Saskin's previous statements about not negotiating on offers states otherwise. Basically, they said they did not negotiate because they assumed that the triggers were not negotiable. And in this letter it clearly states its the final offer and there is no room for negotiation.

Of course none of this matters, because its crunch time, but I thought I had to take another shot at the PA just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->