Do you think the NHL/hub cities will use home team goal horns, songs, etc.?

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
I know the NHL has said they are going to try some interesting things regarding the broadcasts given the unique situation we are in. However, do you think the NHL/hub cities to give the 'home' teams something unique beyond short line change, last change, etc. Given how quickly they will move from one game to the next, I can't imagine that switching to the 'Home' team logo will happen, but what about the other home team specifics such as goal horns, songs, etc.

For example, will the Leafs still use the Hall & Oates song w/ goal horn. When the Jackets are 'home' will they get the canon then Moon Revolution by Aqualords? Or will it be generic one song/horn for all?

The same could be said for anthem singers (assuming they are not included in the return to play plans), in-game song playlists, powerplay/penalty kill songs/sound effects, etc.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Funny, we were talking about this at our supper table yesterday.

I assume they would have each teams goal horn and goal song at the ready. No reason not to really... and just for the "home" teams of course.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Funny, we were talking about this at our supper table yesterday.

I assume they would have each teams goal horn and goal song at the ready. No reason not to really... and just for the "home" teams of course.
I was watching MLS last night and noticed that they are using a CG Adidas logo at center field. Wonder if that is possible for the NHL? Assuming it can be done, swapping out a Leafs graphic for a Jackets graphic shouldn't be difficult. Also, the NHL already used digital advertising on the boards during the 2016 World Cup which was held at Scotiabank Arena (then Air Canada Centre). It's minor things in the end, but it would be a nice touch.

You can see the center field transition from logoless to giant Adidas logo in this video:

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
I can imagine Toronto might use a recording instead of their actual one when they score. With fans especially if you're sitting in 312 (underneath it) it's LOOOOOOOUD. I couldn't imagine them using it with no fans unless they wanna blow out eardrums of everybody at The Scosh :laugh:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I was watching MLS last night and noticed that they are using a CG Adidas logo at center field. Wonder if that is possible for the NHL? Assuming it can be done, swapping out a Leafs graphic for a Jackets graphic shouldn't be difficult. Also, the NHL already used digital advertising on the boards during the 2016 World Cup which was held at Scotiabank Arena (then Air Canada Centre). It's minor things in the end, but it would be a nice touch.

You can see the center field transition from logoless to giant Adidas logo in this video:

Don’t forget about the other 10 teams that play there

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
For sure, I was more or less pointing out that if a CG logo at center ice can be done, it is an easy fix to swap out one logo for the next.
was thinking it would be more like the NHL logo, or Eastern Conference logo in T.O could be wrong though...

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Quick Shifts: Maple Leafs' Dubas scouting free agents in bubble - Sportsnet.ca

11. A behind-the-scenes business note.

Inside the Toronto bubble, Neely noticed boxes and boxes filled with various dasherboard advertisements sitting in the locker room area. The boxes are labelled with team names, so the rink crew knows which logos to plaster up for the home side’s broadcast. They rotate every game.

So, if you’re binging hockey this weekend and think the ads are changing, you’re not going crazy — and they’re not being superimposed digitally.

“The league has made a conscious effort to try to have some make-goods with sponsors on all teams, so, yeah, you will see different dasherboard advertisements depending on what team is playing,” Neely said.

The lengths to maximize revenue and keep sponsors happy reminds us of the uncertainty that is 2020-21 and sustaining an 82-game season around rinks that are much less than full.

“It’ll be difficult to play many games without fans from a business perspective, I think,” Neely said.

“Everybody’s anticipating some kind of a [virus] spike in the fall. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen, but I don’t know if we can play too many games without fans. Everybody’s building out these models without fans: a third fans, half fans, full building…. But it’s all speculation.”

A harsh but realistic reminder to savour the hockey we’re getting right now.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->