Do you think the draft lottery is rigged?

Lottery Rigged?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazydounut

Oct 10, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Absolutely, think about it. Last season Buffalo and Carolina (2 teams dealing with some attendance issues and long playoff droughts) got the first 2 picks. With Ottawa (Another team dealing with attendance issues at the time and still) getting the third pick. Now 2 NY teams and CHICAGO??? Get the top 3 picks. The biggest market and the 3rd or 4th biggest market in the NHL get the top 3 picks. 2 seasons ago New Jersey and Philly (2 big market teams struggling in mediocrity) got the top 2 picks. With both of them coming in from outside the top 6

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
We were actually bad teams when we won the lottery and not eliminated from the playoffs in the last few games of the season. The oilers have dropped every year under this new lottery so this really has to stop.
The problem with Edmonton is not that they haven't benefited enough from the draft lottery, so I don't see any reason to feel too bad that they dropped

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
No. NJ isnt exactly a team the NHL needs to get going. They arent marketable, even when they are good. NJ won the 1st overall pick fairly.

If anything, the league would have pushed for Chicago or New York to get 1st overall because they are far more important to the leagues revenue.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
No but its a horrible system that needs to be changed asap. They overcorrected due to the Oilers and made the wrong kind of adjustments. Instead of preventing teams from repeatedly picking #1, they screwed up the whole system. 18.5%at getting #1 and more than a coinflip to drop from 1 to 4 is garbage and needs to be adressed.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't think there was a problem with the last place team getting the #1 overall pick, the second last second overall, third last third overall, etc. Keep it simple.

SlickHands

Apr 11, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
If it was rigged I don't think Jersey would have won, or the Oilers would have won like 4 times

Actually, the opposite. The league wants to keep franchises where they are. Especially previously marque ones like the Devils or Oilers. A once proud franchise struggling to the point of potential relocation or irrelevance is not a good look for the league. I think fixing it to make the Oilers, Devils, etc, good would be absolutely in line with the league's agenda. Not that I have a strong opinion on whether or not this is actually happening.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
There is absolutely no reason they cannot do it live. I get it it screws up the "drama" but it certainly would eliminate any questions

Not saying their is a conspiracy, but you want to eliminate that kind of talk just do it live

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Not rigged. Working as expected and that is the problem. I had a rant on the draft lottery last year and it is playing out exactly as I expected. Yes, it stops tanking. But it also punishes teams that are legitimately bad. There are teams that have fallen spots every year since it's implementation. Often times multiple spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad