Speculation: Do you think Tampa will call up someone else?

ltpato

Feb 27, 2015
MTL
Do you guys think Tampa might call-up some of their farm-team players or prospects to bring some physicality going in the POs? Like Adam Erne, Carter Ashton, or Broll?

I see a lot of hockey people doubt this team in wether they can go far because of the lack of physicality :(

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Adam Erne is not an option until next season. His team, the Quebec Remparts, are hosting the Memorial Cup. The tournament doesn't take place until the end of May, so you have to wait until his team's season is over before you can remove him from the Q.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Small outside shot of is Point. They may give him a game or two in the NHL, but during the playoffs will be going to the Crunch to help them out.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Small outside shot of is Point. They may give him a game or two in the NHL, but during the playoffs will be going to the Crunch to help them out.

Chances of that are about zero.

The only one i'd imagine *might* get a look for a game or three would be Koekkoek, but I don't know what his status is right this second.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Broll and Ashton are not even close to ready. Smith is the closest thing you have, but he isnt ready either. Syracuse fans have been typing about a lack of toughness within the system for the past two seasons but have been told by many on this forum it is not part of the Bolts plan. Thre is NO heavy in Syracuse that can step up and perform. As much as the neater and sweeter crowd around here dont want to read this, the best bet for toughness is playing for the AHL Flames right now and that is McGratton. Like him or not, he is still a top level heavy in any league, from the NHL to the LNAH. He may be a roster spot as some claim, but who would you rather have protecting the talented but undersized players we have? Unless SFY goes for broke and grabs the toughest player available in the draft regardless of other abilities, it will take a trade or a free agent signing to bring any heavy in. As a reminder, when the Bolts won the Cup, wasn't a chap named Roy playing on the roster?

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
As a reminder, when the Bolts won the Cup, wasn't a chap named Roy playing on the roster?

As a reminder, that was 2004. Things have changed considerably. To have a heavy in today's game, they have to be able to take a regular shift and play 10-12minutes a night on the 4th line and/or PK reliably.

Roy averaged under 8 minutes a night in an era that allowed all kinds of obstruction. No way he'd even skate with the people we have on our roster currently, he'd be sucking pond water after 3 shifts trying to keep up with even our slower players for 10-12 minutes a night. Look at Angelidis with the Bolts. He's too slow to skate with our 4th line and we iced Morrow last night with Boyle. He played under 8minutes.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If they call up a forward it should be Marchessault to replace Brown so the 4th line could have an offensive threat. Not sure if I mentioned how terrible I think Brown is.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
If they call up a forward it should be Marchessault to replace Brown so the 4th line could have an offensive threat. Not sure if I mentioned how terrible I think Brown is.

I might have forgotten to mention that too.

Brown and morrow are by far the worse on our team.

lightningfanqc

Oct 30, 2009
Nordiques City
What about giving a try to hard working kid from the Cuse.....Yanni Gourde 22-22-44 in 58 gp....also +12....yes he is 5'9 and 170 but he has the talent to put the biscuit in the basket.

ltpato

Feb 27, 2015
MTL
What about giving a try to hard working kid from the Cuse.....Yanni Gourde 22-22-44 in 58 gp....also +12....yes he is 5'9 and 170 but he has the talent to put the biscuit in the basket.

I was actually thinking about him and also maybe Marchy !

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
zeykshade; Never said Angelidis was the answer. He is in Syracuse for leadership and as an emerency call up, roles which he seems to have filled. Syracuse is the Tampa farm team, we understand that. You can give and take ANY player under Tampa contract at any time, we understand that. The question was raised on what toughness was availalbe for recall, the answer is there is no heavy in the system who is ready. Smith and Broll did have good bouts this evening, so that is a step in the right direction for thier development.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
zeykshade; Never said Angelidis was the answer. He is in Syracuse for leadership and as an emerency call up, roles which he seems to have filled. Syracuse is the Tampa farm team, we understand that. You can give and take ANY player under Tampa contract at any time, we understand that. The question was raised on what toughness was availalbe for recall, the answer is there is no heavy in the system who is ready. Smith and Broll did have good bouts this evening, so that is a step in the right direction for thier development.

Yeah, my point is toughness in 2004 isn't toughness in 2015. Totally different things.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm curious to see what Marchessault would do with an extended look at the NHL level.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Physicality is not a problem the Lightning have at all. Neither at the Syracuse nor Lightning level. If you confuse physicality with fighting...then you haven't been paying attention to what is going on in hockey at all levels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad