WJC: do you think Ryan Howse deserved to be on Team Canada?

Discussion in '2019 IIHF World Junior Championship' started by NativeHockey77*, Jan 1, 2011.

1. i think it is. This guy has proven time and time again that he deserves to be on the team and he was one of the first cuts. Do you think he deserved to be on the team :nod:

47 goals last year in the DUB
    on pace for 48 goals this year

got much respect for this guy man. hes got facebook and will talk to you if you talk to him

Last edited by moderator : Jan 1, 2011
  2. Sticks and Pucks

Sticks and Pucks Registered User

If Howse was on the team, he would probably be the guy playing on Schenn's left side. I think Quinton Howden is filling that role just fine. I don't think Canada's problem is their forwards. They've been scoring every game.

3. thing is they never scored enough goals to win against sweden :cry:

4. Nakawick

Nakawick Minty Fresh

The team needs a more mobile D.

5. danishh

danishh Registered User

if there`s any scorer i want canada to have considered, it`s tyler toffoli, and i dont think i`m being a 67s homer saying that.

6. Pick Six

Pick Six @Lafortune_FC

The most goals for in the tournament and we need better forwards? C'mon now.

There's only two teams advancing to the playoffs that have worst GAs than Canada, and neither is expected to win it's game. Goaltending is another story.

7. Parise9Crosby87

Parise9Crosby87 Registered User

olsen shouldnt be there and scoring is fine and roy had bad game

8. FACT is we lost to the swedes. We've played weak teams so far and first good team we face we LOST. That speaks volumes.

I dont think canada will win anything. Bronze at best imo

9. Nullus Reverentia

Nullus Reverentia Hic Sunt Dracones

Helium-3 Space Pirate
    Roy let in some extremely weak goals and couldn't do anything in the shootout.

Maybe Visentin plays yesterday and has a solid game and only gives up 3 goals and its a diffrent story.

If you think Canada can win Bronze at best, the US is going to be the team we would be in that game. They barely got through Switzerland, had severe trouble agaisnt the Fins and didn't dominate Germany or Slovakia as much as you would have though they would. Canada will be fine as long as Visentin plays good.

10. ORYX

ORYX Registered User

Easy for you to say this AFTER Canada loses. Where was this thread when this guy got cut? Oh yea, you had nothing to use as an argument until Canada lost agame.

As good as he may be offensively, Canada takes the best players that play the best at both ends. Canada brass didnt see him playing to that 48 goal pace in international play while maintaining defensive composure. Happens to alot of good players.

The team has ZERO issues scoring. As for your argument that they didnt score enough to beat Sweden, do you watch hockey on a regular basis? Any team that gives up 6 deserves to lose. Find me one hockey analyst that puts this loss on your believed lack of offensive ability.

FACT is Roy played like a 12 year old kid. Couldnt close his glove, couldnt control the rebounds, and didnt take control when he should have (I.e. freezing the puck instead of just swatting it into the corner, only to get beat by the swede who recovered it.)

6 goals against Russia, 7 Against Czech, 10 against Norway and another 6 against Sweden and we have scoring issues?

Give your head a shake. :shakehead

And btw, good on him talking to you on facebook, maybe if he spent that time honing his skills he's be on this team. Talking on facebook gets you nowhere.

11. wjhl2009fan

wjhl2009fan Registered User

Winstunt
    Russia and the czech are not weak teams are they having off tournemants maybe but there still not weak.As for it speaks volumes no not really and canada still ha s avery real chance of winning a medal.

12. madmike77

madmike77 Registered User

I like Howse, but he's all offence and Canada has plenty of that. It's the defence, or lack thereof, that's hurting them.

13. Vaclav Varada

Vaclav Varada CoJo

Yup. 34 goals in 37 games is ridiculous. The fact he wasn't even invited to camp is a travesty.

14. ok son where was i when he got cut? i never had an HF account ..... :shakehead

maybe you should give your head a shake.

If he was in the OHL he woulda made the team :sarcasm:

15. ORYX

ORYX Registered User

So why didn't Hishon, Wilson, Blacker, Murphy, Camerons own JP Anderson, along with players like Toffoli not make the team then?

BTW, do some quick math and you'll find that the WHL leads the team in number of supplied players....so much for that theory eh bud?

Do your self a favour and don't post useless threads like this and you wont get harped on.;)

16. Blind Gardien

Blind Gardien nexus of the crisis

Space Goat
    There were probably at least 10 players who were interchangeable enough with the last 10 who made the team, and any mixing and matching amongst those players probably shouldn't be expected to have made a difference on the outcome. Well, aside from it being impossible to have known that guys like Olsen and Roy would have come up cold like they did, or somebody might have got hurt or suspended, etc.

Without being in camp, without knowing all the criteria, etc, there's no way we as fans can objectively decide if the right picks were made or not. Hindsight isn't sufficient. I thought Hishon should have been there, but apparently his camp sucked. Sheahan had some nice production in camp, but was still cut. I have no idea how Howse did. So many things we don't know about.

17. Sizemore24*

Sizemore24* Guest

Team needed a heathly Brandon Gormley