Do you think LeBron is using PED's

Do you think LeBron uses PED's?

• Total voters

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
If you think this is LeBron’s best year you’re totally out to lunch, he was a top 3 defender in the league back in his Miami days, don’t let stats fool you LeBron has comprised his defense to carry the load for his teams offense. He is not the best version of himself.

LeBron also comprised himself in the regular season when he played with Kyrie and saved himself for the playoffs, this year he couldn’t do that which is why his stats look better.

Stats don’t mean everything, watch the games.

Reactions: Morozov

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
If you think this is LeBron’s best year you’re totally out to lunch, he was a top 3 defender in the league back in his Miami days, don’t let stats fool you LeBron has comprised his defense to carry the load for his teams offense. He is not the best version of himself.

LeBron also comprised himself in the regular season when he played with Kyrie and saved himself for the playoffs, this year he couldn’t do that which is why his stats look better.

Stats don’t mean everything, watch the games.
Over the last 7 season which includes his first season in Miami he averaged the most games played, most points, most assists, field goals made, most 3 pointers made, most rebounds, most blocks. He did this on the worst team he has been on in the last 7 seasons. What ever a way you spin it he had to do more this season and it resulted in his stats being better than the past.

I don't watch all Cavaliers games but if analysts are saying it can't it be true?

The new fad in the NBA is averaging triple doubles and he was definitely going for that.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Basketball is not a physical sport like hockey or football. Combine that with LeBron's insane training regimen and it isn't difficult to see why he's still so effective at 33.

Besides, look back at history. Almost all of the all time great athletes have been good-to-great into their 30's, some even into their late 30's. It's not uncommon.

This is true, Kobe and Mj were still top players in their mid to late 30's, Malone won his MVPs at 34 & 36, Duncan was an 1st team selection at 37, same with Shaq at 34.

I don't think he's improved his level of play. Great season but you could argue 12/13 and 13/14 were better. His stats this year are almost identical to last year's numbers.

2013 was his absolute peak, dude was a monster that year.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This si true, Kobe and Mj were still top players in their mid to late 30's, Malone won his MVPs at 34 & 36, Duncan was an 1st team selection at 37, same with Shaq at 24.

2013 was his absolute peak, dude was a monster that year.
But all of those players were surrounded with championship caliber rosters.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He is just one of the best athletes to ever play Pro sports. Super human level of athlete

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
The definition of performance enhancing drugs is very fluid. No doubt James does substances that enhance his performance in one way or another and some of them could easily end up on a list of banned substance at some point (decisions which are often arbitrary and political)

If the NBA's standards for PEDs were closer to the Olympics he would be under a bigger microscope. NBA's drug plan has been criticized by ideologues like Dick Pound in the past, who was also very unkind towards the NHL about their drug policies. I don't know about the current NBA commissioner, but David Stern and WADA did not get along.

Of course if James takes PEDs then others probably do the same. I suppose he might have better protection from scrutiny, but otherwise the playing field should be level among star players.

Would the NBA protect James if he had this dark secret? I would not be shocked. After all, the NBA kept Jordan's gambling secrets under wraps throughout his career.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Another thing to add regarding performance enhancement is that it doesn't really matter whether James is using drugs to gain an unfair advantage on other athletes: he already has an unfair advantage on them by simply having more money.

For example, it has already been pointed out that James spends millions of dollars yearly to "take care of his body" through the use of various gizmos like hyperbaric oxygen chambers. I am guessing it works because he is burning serious dough on it.

Does he have an unfair advantage on other athletes? Of course. Drugs or not the NBA is not fair game.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The definition of performance enhancing drugs is very fluid. No doubt James does substances that enhance his performance in one way or another and some of them could easily end up on a list of banned substance at some point (decisions which are often arbitrary and political)

If the NBA's standards for PEDs were closer to the Olympics he would be under a bigger microscope. NBA's drug plan has been criticized by ideologues like Dick Pound in the past, who was also very unkind towards the NHL about their drug policies. I don't know about the current NBA commissioner, but David Stern and WADA did not get along.

Of course if James takes PEDs then others probably do the same. I suppose he might have better protection from scrutiny, but otherwise the playing field should be level among star players.

Would the NBA protect James if he had this dark secret? I would not be shocked. After all, the NBA kept Jordan's gambling secrets under wraps throughout his career.
Thank you for spelling it out so well.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Another thing to add regarding performance enhancement is that it doesn't really matter whether James is using drugs to gain an unfair advantage on other athletes: he already has an unfair advantage on them by simply having more money.

For example, it has already been pointed out that James spends millions of dollars yearly to "take care of his body" through the use of various gizmos like hyperbaric oxygen chambers. I am guessing it works because he is burning serious dough on it.

Does he have an unfair advantage on other athletes? Of course. Drugs or not the NBA is not fair game.

MIllions of dollars? :eek: For what?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Seems pretty smart to me. Lots of players have money to burn, so why aren't they doing the same? Maybe Bron is just overly dedicated to truly be the best. Always looking for an edge, always looking for a new way to improve. How can you fault a player for that?

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Everyone in every sport would be under the microscope if testing was similar to the Olympics.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Let me guess, OP is a Raps fan?
As a mod you can check it out. Raps fan yes, fan of the roster no. I give credit where it is due and LeBron gets all of it. When Lebron bulked up when he went to Miami it raised a lot of eyebrows.

When you look at his draft class the likes of Anthony, Bosh(retired) and Wade are on the downsides of their careers and none of them have played as much basketball as LeBron let alone having their best seasons.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Sad cope from a Kobe fanboy. LeBron is probably the most disciplined athlete when it comes to maintaining his body. He don't drink or smoke or go out and party like all the younger cats.

That's why he doesn't break down,

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
not much difference if you ask me

lebron-james-evolution.jpg

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
not much difference if you ask me

lebron-james-evolution.jpg

Does this look like steroids? This is from 2005
LanceBody.jpg

Lebron started bulking up when he went to miami and then dropped the weight all of a sudden. Not all PED's result in muscle growth. Muscle repair is one of the big advantages.

lebronjames.jpg

nba_g_kingjames_576.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad