Do you think LeBron is using PED's

Do you think LeBron uses PED's?

• Total voters

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The guy never gets hurt, plays the most minutes in the league, has went to the finals 7 straight seasons. That's a lot of basketball.

How many top athletes have their best season at or after the age of 33?

Barry Bonds
Sammy Sosa
Roger Clemens
Mark Maguire

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Uh, no.

He's an all-time great who takes good care of his body and is extremely motivated. That's why he's so good well into his career with lots of mileage on his body.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Uh, no.

He's an all-time great who takes good care of his body and is extremely motivated. That's why he's so good well into his career with lots of mileage on his body.
Barry Bonds was an all time great before PED's too but that didn't stop him. Alex Rodriguez too. PED's allow your body to heal faster and maintain top endurance over a longer period of time.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I have always had a small feeling stars in a lot of sport use it and the league lets them get away with it because of obvious reasons.

I don't think he uses them, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did. (in the last 10 years he's played in 2 Olympics, gone to 7 finals and had two other deep playoff runs).

But he is a freak when it comes to his body and from what I read & hear he takes great care of it, cuts out a lot of things and his PT (childhood friend Randy Mims) literally follows him everywhere, including Cavs away games.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I have always had a small feeling stars in a lot of sport use it and the league lets them get away with it because of obvious reasons.

I don't think he uses them, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did. (in the last 10 years he's played in 2 Olympics, gone to 7 finals and had two other deep playoff runs).

But he is a freak when it comes to his body and from what I read & hear he takes great care of it, cuts out a lot of things and his PT (childhood friend Randy Mims) literally follows him everywhere, including Cavs away games.
I think people assume that steroids is the only thing that can improve performance. HGH as well as a few other can go undetectable. Barry Bonds, Mark Maguire, Lance Armstrong never failed drug tests, but all later admitted to using them.

At 33 I think it is more than just being a freak of nature.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
We've seen guys like Jagr play into his 40's in an arguably harsher sport for the body at a decently high level. 95% of that was from the fact he was a workout freak.

Basketball is more cardio and endurance than it is speed, it's not hard to believe LeBron can continue playing at a stupidly high level given how well he takes care of himself and trains.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
We've seen guys like Jagr play into his 40's in an arguably harsher sport for the body at a decently high level. 95% of that was from the fact he was a workout freak.

Basketball is more cardio and endurance than it is speed, it's not hard to believe LeBron can continue playing at a stupidly high level given how well he takes care of himself and trains.
Jagr was insulated on pretty much non playoff teams for his last 5 seasons. Since coming back to the NHL it was his experience that saved him.

You can train like crazy but at some point your body no matter how in shape starts to wear down.

Jose Bautisa always struck me as someone who conveniently started smashing HR when his new contract was coming up.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Basketball is not a physical sport like hockey or football. Combine that with LeBron's insane training regimen and it isn't difficult to see why he's still so effective at 33.

Besides, look back at history. Almost all of the all time great athletes have been good-to-great into their 30's, some even into their late 30's. It's not uncommon.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Basketball is not a physical sport like hockey or football. Combine that with LeBron's insane training regimen and it isn't difficult to see why he's still so effective at 33.

Besides, look back at history. Almost all of the all time great athletes have been good-to-great into their 30's, some even into their late 30's. It's not uncommon.
I don't think just because it's not a physical sport that PED's don't help. Being great in your 30's is not the issue. Being able to sustain your level of play and improve on it at 33 is. He has played soooo much basketbal in his career that at some point. All athletes are susceptible to injuries from their sport no matter how in shape they are. Lebron doen't really dunk on people or play too much under the rim so i guess that is a good reason as to why he doesn't twist his ankles as much. But when you play as many minutes fatigue wears down on your joints. Those insane training regimens have to take a toll as well. there is only s much you can push you body. PED's help your body recover from training and injury much faster than normal.

Each sport has freaks of nature and Lebron is definitely one of them. I just don't think it is out of the question to think that he is doing everything he can to maintain his advantage which includes PED's especially if he can get away with it..

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't think he's improved his level of play. Great season but you could argue 12/13 and 13/14 were better. His stats this year are almost identical to last year's numbers.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think just because it's not a physical sport that PED's don't help. Being great in your 30's is not the issue. Being able to sustain your level of play and improve on it at 33 is. He has played soooo much basketbal in his career that at some point. All athletes are susceptible to injuries from their sport no matter how in shape they are. Lebron doen't really dunk on people or play too much under the rim so i guess that is a good reason as to why he doesn't twist his ankles as much. But when you play as many minutes fatigue wears down on your joints. Those insane training regimens have to take a toll as well. there is only s much you can push you body. PED's help your body recover from training and injury much faster than normal.

Each sport has freaks of nature and Lebron is definitely one of them. I just don't think it is out of the question to think that he is doing everything he can to maintain his advantage which includes PED's especially if he can get away with it..
But he hasn't improved his level of play. He's still arguably the best player in the world but his play has been on a bit of a decline since his MVP seasons, and naturally so.

To suggest he's using PED's because he isn't supposed to be this good at 33 is ridiculous IMO. Sports medicine and training have come so far over the years that the body is better able to recover nowadays.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I don't think he's improved his level of play. Great season but you could argue 12/13 and 13/14 were better. His stats this year are almost identical to last year's numbers.
But the roster is much worse so he is relied upon more. Played 82 games and the most minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad