Kaner's 1100th point watch thread

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
He is on pace to score 100-105 points and has really been quite élite & dynamic on O this year. If he averages 85-90 points per year (and stays healthy) he can eclipse the record in 2022/23 at the age of 34/35.

Thoughts?

Reactions: iiStylesx

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Patrick Kane is going to age well and he'll probably have elite linemates through out his career. Like everybody has said in recent years, guy wants to be better every single day. Someday the wall is going to hit him but I can see him playing till 40 years old producing 40 points per year.

If he plays 10 more years, he needs to average 50 points per season. He'll break Mikita's record quite easily. He will be the greatest American hockey player ever and I can't see anyone current U.S. player breaking it. Chelios already made it pretty freaking hard to beat and Kane is going to probably do it. Bring the World Cup gold and maybe Olympic gold with the current American talent and it's sealed.

It's going to be very, very, VERY sad day when this guy hangs them. Special player.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Patrick Kane is going to age well and he'll probably have elite linemates through out his career. Like everybody has said in recent years, guy wants to be better every single day. Someday the wall is going to hit him but I can see him playing till 40 years old producing 40 points per year.

If he plays 10 more years, he needs to average 50 points per season. He'll break Mikita's record quite easily. He will be the greatest American hockey player ever and I can't see anyone current U.S. player breaking it. Chelios already made it pretty freaking hard to beat and Kane is going to probably do it. Bring the World Cup gold and maybe Olympic gold with the current American talent and it's sealed.

It's going to be very, very, VERY sad day when this guy hangs them. Special player.
You’re drastically selling short how difficult it is to score another 500 points. All he needs to do from here on out is be Patrick Sharp.

Malagahawks

Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain

Migi, the thing is though he has at least another 3-4 seasons of élite or top 10 scoring output left in the tank. He can easily get to 1300-1350 points in the next 3.5 seasons.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Migi, the thing is though he has at least another 3-4 seasons of élite or top 10 scoring output left in the tank. He can easily get to 1300-1350 points in the next 3.5 seasons.

What else did I say?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
You’re drastically selling short how difficult it is to score another 500 points. All he needs to do from here on out is be Patrick Sharp.

Nothing screams that he is going to be Patrick Sharp but thanks for being mr. negativity and go with the most obvious route which didn't even visit my thoughts. I can't be realistic, I'm all about hallusinations and fantasy world.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Nothing screams that he is going to be Patrick Sharp but thanks for being mr. negativity and go with the most obvious route which didn't even visit my thoughts. I can't be realistic, I'm all about hallusinations and fantasy world.
You said quite easily. There’s nothing easy about a guy in his thirties putting up another 500 points.

Malagahawks

Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
You said quite easily. There’s nothing easy about a guy in his thirties putting up another 500 points.

I think as stated he easily has another 3 to 3.5 seasons (280 games) of 1+ PPG. That could equate to something like 300-320 points depending on factors like health, line construction, etc.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
581pts to tie Mikita

2018-19 - Should finish with 40 more pts (98)
541pts

2019-20 - 85
2020-21 - 80
2021-22 - 75
2022-23 - 70
2023-24 - 65
2024-25 - 60
2025-26 - 55
2026-27 - 55
37/38 years old

545pts

Might be underestimating what he can do (league scoring is going up, look at guys like Wheeler still producing)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
His durability has been excellent his entire career and his play style is conducive to longevity. After this year he’d need to average 60 points the next 9 seasons to get 540 more points. League scoring is up and he’ll be playing with talent for the foreseeable future.

Not guaranteed but he’s currently on the path to passing Mikita

Malagahawks

Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
581pts to tie Mikita

2018-19 - Should finish with 40 more pts (98)
541pts

2019-20 - 85
2020-21 - 80
2021-22 - 75
2022-23 - 70
2023-24 - 65
2024-25 - 60
2025-26 - 55
2026-27 - 55
37/38 years old

545pts

Might be underestimating what he can do (league scoring is going up, look at guys like Wheeler still producing)

I think it is certainly possible in his 19/20 & 20/21 seasons he can eclipse 90-100 points.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

He's been putting up points with not so stellar linemates anyways throughout his career. Dude is just a special talent.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
This is a GREAT thread.

Martin St. Louis put up 774 points from age 30 to age 40(closest Kane comparable player?). I see absolutely no reason that Patrick Kane cannot match that production, or come close. St. Louis only has 147 more points than Kane, right now. He is currently 581 points behind Mikita. If he matches St. Louis' production from 30-40, he ends up with 1660 points.

My prediction? He will retire as the greatest American-born player of all time, the all-time leading scorer of the Blackhawks, and, quite possibly, top 10 EVER in points. Yeah, it's a bold prediction. So what. Convince me he can't do it. Better yet, convince HIM he can't do it. I bet you can't.

What's beautiful about Kane is, like St. Louis, his physical tools have almost nothing to do with his production. He's just that much smarter than everyone on the ice.

He will age like a fine wine.

Last edited:

Malagahawks

Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
This is a GREAT thread.

Martin St. Louis put up 774 points from age 30 to age 40(closest Kane comparable player?). I see absolutely no reason that Patrick Kane cannot match that production, or come close. St. Louis only has 147 more points than Kane, right now. He is currently 581 points behind Mikita. If he matches St. Louis' production from 30-40, he ends up with 1660 points.

My prediction? He will retire as the greatest American-born player of all time, the all-time leading scorer of the Blackhawks, and, quite possibly, top 10 EVER in points. Yeah, it's a bold prediction. So what. Convince me he can't do it. Better yet, convince HIM he can't do it. I bet you can't.

What's beautiful about Kane is, like St. Louis, his physical tools have almost nothing to do with his production. He's just that much smarter than everyone on the ice.

He will age like a fine wine.

To be fair, I hope we keep bumping this thread yearly until it makes it's way into the Hfboards Hawks forum HOF once Kaner eclipses Makita's points record. That's just me though.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I think he'll slow down or get traded before reaching Stosh.

He scored 76pts last season. He is not an automatic 100pts scorer even in his prime.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'd say the smart money is on no to be honest. That's mostly because of health and age concerns though and nothing specific to Kane's game.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
I think he'll slow down or get traded before reaching Stosh.

He scored 76pts last season. He is not an automatic 100pts scorer even in his prime.
Kane’s not getting traded.

Also, he doesn’t need to be an “automatic 100 point scorer” to pass Mikita.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
It is different time. Stan the man amassed his points in an era where scoring was much more prolific overall in the league - it was much easier then to amass points than now. Kane is very, very unlikely to get as many points as Stan --- but he is quite likely to be viewed as Stan's equal - at least - even when he falls short numerically.

Reactions: LDF

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think it's a long-shot for him to actually do it. I believe he can do it, but he would have to play at this current level for the next 7-8 years, more than likely, and I'm not sure that happens. He would have to average 82 points over the next 7 years.

If he manages to play until he's in his early 40's, and stay with the Blackhawks that entire time, then it's easily possible, IMO. But he needs another 10 years out of his career to do it, more likely than not.

He'll still end up being the best American-born player of all time, and in the HoF.

Last edited:

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Stan the man amassed his points in an era where scoring was much more prolific overall in the league
Not really. 50's, 60's and 70's scoring levels weren't very different than today. 80's was a different era and he didn't play in it.

He won Art Ross Trophies with 87pts twice. I'd say Mikita's record is so hard to beat because of his longevity and not outlandish single season scoring totals.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It is different time. Stan the man amassed his points in an era where scoring was much more prolific overall in the league - it was much easier then to amass points than now. Kane is very, very unlikely to get as many points as Stan --- but he is quite likely to be viewed as Stan's equal - at least - even when he falls short numerically.
i love the point you are making, i have a little difference opinion on your point. the 60's was a great era.... and Mikita scoring was and is a rare achievement.

however the era of scoring has to be the mid to late 80's thru early 90's.......

this era of scoring is a different era and beg the question of why isn't scoring like it was ??

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
i love the point you are making, i have a little difference opinion on your point. the 60's was a great era.... and Mikita scoring was and is a rare achievement.

however the era of scoring has to be the mid to late 80's thru early 90's.......

this era of scoring is a different era and beg the question of why isn't scoring like it was ??
I think the game grew and evolved to the pinnacle of the 80's early 90's for scoring .. then in response coaches developed systems to counter the superior scoring trend .. that plus the development of the goalie position what with equipment, goalie size and style of play.

Reactions: ColdSteel2 and LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I think the game grew and evolved to the pinnacle of the 80's early 90's for scoring .. then in response coaches developed systems to counter the superior scoring trend .. that plus the development of the goalie position what with equipment, goalie size and style of play.

imho the continued growth of the goalie position has grown which has had the greatest impact.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

imho the continued growth of the goalie position has grown which has had the greatest impact.

Yeah, John Torchetti was on NHL network yesterday talking about how teams are starting to use trap defenses more like they did in the 90’s.

There is a ridiculous amount of parity in the league right now. I don’t like it, but it is what it is. The teams at the bottom have a similar probability of making the playoffs as they do of picking No. 1. So if things stay like this, much like the Dead Puck Era, goalies will be more important and separate good from great teams.

Reactions: LDF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->