Trade Deadline thread (new title to the former ‘is Jarmo done’ thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I know Patrik L. hasn’t played as of yet but where do you see the weaknesses on this team and does Jarmo address this season or draft?

1. True 1C - hardest position to fill - need somebody to drive the play. I know there is talk about Domi or Texier, but neither drive the offense right now.
2. Forward - puck carrying/Panarin like and no not Panarin.
3. Defense - strength - I would argue we are are near the top in our 3 d-line pairings. The best defense pairings in Jones and Werenski in the NHL.
4. Goalies - strength - I would also say we have one of the top 5 tandems in the league.

Thoughts?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Our roster is pretty full right now and that is with Stenlund on the bench. Once Laine joins the lineup, one more guy is added to the bench. And that still leaves Nyquist returning near playoff time. So if anything we may have a n overabundance of options internally. That could be addressed at the TDL. But I don't see much more happening before then.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
I believe he is going to trade 2 or 3 forwards and other goalie for picks and get package what brings 1C here. Or if it looks like Jones isnt staying, Jarmo will make a huge package deal what includes Jones + 1 or 2 forwards and it gives back 1C.

Reactions: Halberdier

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Jarmo does not strike me as being the guy who would pause his background affairs for too long. Laine-Roslo trade made immediately CJB more interesting trading partner/destination to play/stay, and Jarmo surely knows this.

But there are no needs to make any moves to any direction immediately either. Team is winning, new guys must be adapted to the roster and the system.

Native Ohio fans can hardly imagine how much more news about CJB that trade caused in Finland. Relatively obscure NHL team became immediately thousandsfold "hotter" in the eyes of fans and also probably some players. Jarmo somehow managed to change the position of weakness to a position of immense strength.

I'm sure phone calls to him didn't end to the trade.

Reactions: Halberdier

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I believe he is going to trade 2 or 3 forwards and other goalie for picks and get package what brings 1C here. Or if it looks like Jones isnt staying, Jarmo will make a huge package deal what includes Jones + 1 or 2 forwards and it gives back 1C.

Barring a PLD like situation we're not getting a 1C in trade. An exception might be Barkov if Florida can't extend him but I don't see that happening this season, if at all.

To answer the original question, I don't think Jarmo is actively looking to make a trade now. Perhaps at the deadline but if he does I hope he doesn't go all in again.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I see no major deals and I also see zero trade value in Bemstrom so I will say no until we get closer to the trade deadline.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I highly doubt Jarmo does anything. As someone else already mentioned, he's likely looking at Nyquist as a late season addition.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I think we hold and see how Laine, Rossy, Domi and Texier play. If we still need a center, a trade at the deadline could be in the offing. Otherwise, Jarmo only makes a significant move if 1.) we're out of it and/or 2.) a star player has indicated he won't re-sign or will be a pain in the ass during the RFA extension process.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'll add this: we're due to make a trade of a significant player for picks and prospects. Our prospect pool is not exactly brimming with talent.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I'll add this: we're due to make a trade of a significant player for picks and prospects. Our prospect pool is not exactly brimming with talent.
Above I mentioned Savard if they're out of the race but even if they're not, would you trade Savard regardless because he's a soon to be UFA? I think he might be able to fetch a late 1st round pick. Then have Peeke fill in and potentially get some playoff experience. And if you have plans to bring back Savard back, perhaps if you have multiple teams offering a 1st, let Savard choose the destination so he's not mad and tell him you're interested in bringing him back. Wish him luck and say we'll talk when free agency begins.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
As far as trades: yeah I think jarmo will be active at the deadline if we’re in it or out of it. If we’re kinda middling then he will have tough decisions to make.

If we’re in the race and looking good I can see him swinging a big trade for a top 6 forward. It’s going to be harder to do trades this year from a cap/money perspective but we have some money to work with. I could see some teams being attracted to getting Dubinskys contract since he’s off the books in a few months and I’m not sure how much real money he’s going to be costing.

If we’re out of it I will certainly expect Nash and Savard to move along. Maybe even MDZ if he continues to play well.

But yeah either way I think jarmo is going to do more for this team. I believe this team has a two year window, maybe just one, before massive changes come. So we’ll see how hard he swings this year. But I believe he’ll try to go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad