Do you think Bettman will lift the lockout to see if players vote to strike or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
Bettman could conceivably allow players back to work this September and allow signed players to return while all others are either replaced or offered low ball contracts to return.

Anyone see this as being more realistic than calling an Impasse? Would players vote to strike or return to work under Bettman and the owners conditions?

bling

Jun 23, 2004
eye said:
Bettman could conceivably allow players back to work this September and allow signed players to return while all others are either replaced or offered low ball contracts to return.

Anyone see this as being more realistic than calling an Impasse? Would players vote to strike or return to work under Bettman and the owners conditions?
Just as I suspected all along. You have no idea what you are talking about. The Owners can only lift the lockout using the terms of the previous CBA.

That is the whole point of their desire to get an impasse declared, so they can institute a favorable CBA of their own devisement.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
bling said:
Just as I suspected all along. You have no idea what you are talking about. The Owners can only lift the lockout using the terms of the previous CBA.

That is the whole point of their desire to get an impasse declared, so they can institute a favorable CBA of their own devisement.

OK smart""" explain to me why Bob continues to call this Gary's lockout?

bling

Jun 23, 2004
eye said:
OK smart""" explain to me why Bob continues to call this Gary's lockout?

Ummmm, maybe because Gary is the leader of the NHL owners group who chose to lockout the players?

Nah, couldn't be that simple or even you would have figured it out.....

SENSible1*

eye,

If they lift the lockout without declaring impasse, then they have to go by the old CBA.

There is nothing wrong with admitting to an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad