Do you still play hockey?

barfy2000

Jun 23, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
Yes...well sort of.

I don't play any organized hockey anymore, just shinny nowadays. And road hockey just about every day. :)

I'm 21 years old in September.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
I play as much as I can get on the ice and I'm 24

from about the middle of april through to the end of June, I'm on the ice once a week...after that I'm in a summer league where I'm on the ice twice a week, plus I usually skate with guys from the 2 junior teams in town once, MAYBE twice a week just to keep my legs and actually have some pretty good skates.

Then come september I'm on the ice 4, maybe 5 times a week...it's glorious.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I'm 36 and I'm still playing...with no end in sight. I still work on my game and I still want to get better.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
I quit playing for about 7 years and just got back into a pretty competitive Rec league a couple years ago.

I had to switch from forward to defense as I've lost some speed, lost my hands, lost my shot and lost some stamina. It's taken the two years to become an acceptable defensive defensman but I find it a bit frustrating that I can't seem to do what I used to be able to do.

But the beer still tastes as good as ever after the game.

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
stick9 said:
I'm 36 and I'm still playing...with no end in sight. I still work on my game and I still want to get better.

I'll be 32 in the summer and I too still try to work on my game. Nothing like stickhandling around and through the dogs legs on the backyard slab.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I'm 39 and I play twice a week year-round for two adult teams in the Boston area. I've been with one team for ten years and the other for five. Basically, hockey is a blast for me in terms of fitness and camaraderie. I gave up golf years ago, and I could care less about going to Fenway Park, but I'll never stop going to the rink.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Well, technically I still play (ice), but just pick up games.. I haven't played in a league in years.. but I probably will again soon. I'm not over 20 though.

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
On my team we've got a guy in his mid-60s (he just learned to skate a few years ago) and I've seen one guy who must be in his late 60s at pickup who is one of the better guys on the ice. I'm convinced that the longer you play this game, the better you'll get, as with anything. I think I'm a better player now than I was in high school.

God, I love hockey.

vcx*

I'm over 20 and just recently started playing again, i suck soo bad mostly because it has been 7 1/2 years and i hadn't skated since i last played back then. I gotta hit up Public Skate as much as possible.

RSBPC

Jan 19, 2005
Yep. I'm 22 years old, and I plan on playing until I can't even stand on skates. A life without hockey is not a life I want to know.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
Yes, I'm 21 and still play Ice and Roller. Well, not at the moment since I broke my ankle playing ice, but as soon as I can walk again I'll be back out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad