Do You see anyone on the Leafs being a leader

NylandersHair

Jul 16, 2014
Nazem Kadri will be a future captain

These are facts that are hard to argue:

1) Burke in an interview after pre-season camp during Kadri's first year noted that the kid could certainly be a future captain based on how he carries himself on the ice (plays with determination) and off the ice (is calm and cool).

2) Most of the 2nd intermission, or in between game interviews with Maple Leafs tv, TSN, CBC, etc are usually done by Nazem Kadri. I am not sure why, but he obviously does not mind having a camera glued to his face unlike a lot of players and is well spoken. Does the team push him do most of the interviews? Phaneuf certainly gets bothered by it.

3) Just look at the way the guy plays the game on the ice. He carries his teammates and his line most of the nights. People pick on him for defensive errors that he actually picks up the slack for in his line. He gets blamed for it regardless.

4) The most important characteristic of a leader is being able to face adversity from your organization, coaching staff, players, and media and not allow it to distract you as a player. To continue to push hard. I could say Kadri has been the most slandered Leaf when it comes to the media and organization, yet he continues to fight all these odds and maintain a lot of confidence.

5) Carrying from the last point, there is no doubt about it that Kadri is the most confident Leaf on and off the ice. A leader should always be confident in good and bad.

Unless you are a Kadri hater, or have something against the kid -- you simply wont accept these facts. And sad to say, but probably neither will the current Leafs organization. It has to do with race. I'm willing to bet my life we would not have this discussion if Kadri was a typical white Canadian player. And this is why they will never be a championship organization.

Last edited:

mikebel111*

These are facts that are hard to argue:

1) Burke in an interview after pre-season camp during Kadri's first year noted that the kid could certainly be a future captain based on how he carries himself on the ice (plays with determination) and off the ice (is calm and cool).

2) Most of the 2nd intermission, or in between game interviews with Maple Leafs tv, TSN, CBC, etc are usually done by Nazem Kadri. I am not sure why, but he obviously does not mind having a camera glued to his face unlike a lot of players and is well spoken. Does the team push him do most of the interviews? Phaneuf certainly gets bothered by it.

3) Just look at the way the guy plays the game on the ice. He carries his teammates and his line most of the nights. People pick on him for defensive errors that he actually picks up the slack for in his line. He gets blamed for it regardless.

4) The most important characteristic of a leader is being able to face adversity from your organization, coaching staff, players, and media and not allow it to distract you as a player. To continue to push hard. I could say Kadri has been the most slandered Leaf when it comes to the media and organization, yet he continues to fight all these odds and maintain a lot of confidence.

5) Carrying from the last point, there is no doubt about it that Kadri is the most confident Leaf on and off the ice. A leader should always be confident in good and bad.

Unless you are a Kadri hater, or have something against the kid -- you simply wont accept these facts. And sad to say, but probably neither will the current Leafs organization. It has to do with race. I'm willing to bet my life we would not have this discussion if Kadri was a typical white Canadian player. And this is why they will never be a championship organization.

A hard core post. I agree with a lot of it. He does picked on waaaaaay to much while a guy like Matt Frattin was given all the time in the world. There is irrational hate for the kid and its not warranted if you ask me.
Its like he has to be perfect out there.

With that being said, I dont think Kadri will ever be captain, but I could see him wearing an A. I also think he is one of the better interviewers on the team. So yeah, irrational hatred? Yes! Captain material? I dont think so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad