Do you prefer a Bigger Slower build or Smaller Faster build in EASHL?

Do you prefer a Bigger Slower build or Smaller Faster build in EASHL?

• Total voters

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
At first I was really finding no reason to play with a bigger build in this game since the max speed of the smaller builds is so much higher than that of the bigger builds. Lately though I’ve found playing as a bigger and stronger build is much more advantageous to having a big effect on the game and I’ve been able to create more chances. What do you find more effective?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I pretty much only play defense and when I was playing EASHL the poke check was still broken as f***(haven't played in several weeks so I don't know if it's fixed) so the only real way to play defense was to hit people. If I'm playing forward I always go small and fast because if you hold the puck on your backhand you are invincible regardless your size. You can't be knocked off the puck, can't be stick-lifted, can't be pokechecked without drawing a penalty. It's broken, but everyone else is doing it so I just fight fire with fire.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I'm a big hitter in EASHL, but I've found you can do that with anyone

I played with a huge PWF for awhile and while he could truck guys from any angle and at any speed, he sucked at everything else

I now use a dangler thats like 5'10" I think and I lead my team in hits every game. Its pretty much all about how you line people up

Reactions: Flair Hay

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
Love the smallest sniper build you can make in most cases. If the opposing team has power forwards or defensive/enforcers, ill switch it up to either the biggest sniper possible(still pretty small and fast), or the fastest two way forward you can build.

Tavares2Matthews

Mar 1, 2008
To be honest, I like something in the middle. Right in the sweet spot of speed but also good body checking.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I play defense, and I rotate between a medium sized grinder and then a smallish sniper.

Depends on how the night is going and what type of teams we run into

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I don’t think it matters half the time. Game is too random. I used to be the playmaker class, should probably be a bigger class since they made hitting OP and punking terrible hit chasers almost impossible.

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
6'0 grinder is my favorite for forecheck, driving to the net and backchecking, and I still have 84/85 speed and acceleration. The only downside is shooting at 81.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Used to be huge because I loved destroying guys but now I go with a small sniper. Basically just make it so I'm fast and can shoot. Any player type can hit if you line somebody up well enough.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Always go big since I play D.

Like the bigger stick for poke checking

Like the bigger body for getting in front of shots

Like being slow for someone reason, just find it easier to shut down opponents then being a little midget speed demon on D

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I have to use a smaller build. I'm on the West coast playing mostly with East players and the game is extremely sluggish when you have 40 ping using a bigger build. I think I'm currently using a 5'11" 186lb PMD.

Prior to the patch that ruined skating I was using a 6'2" 205lb TWD.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
When I’m playing with friends I use a two way smaller build. When I play solo drop ins I play the biggest, heavyweight enforcer you can make. I like crushing other people’s pre made groups to death.

Reactions: Flair Hay

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I love the smaller build but in threes sometimes the games are awful. Nobody plays hockey it's just a goonfest and I just don't understand how being this affected by hits makes sense in an arcade mode. Don't get me started on the people that play D just so they can act like a forward and start with the puck after every goal they caused...

The mode when played with decent teammates and vs people that also want to play hockey can be very entertaining. The AI as well is so bad , it's quite sad, games are often not worth being played if I am stuck with a bot as an ally.

Reactions: Rahooji

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
As far as defense goes, in a perfect world one person would be big and clear the crease, the other would be small+speedy and would be relied on for pursuit and outlet passes.

Small and speedy is extremely useful on defense for being first on puck, but you need a partner who is going to support, and you need support in your own end because it's so easy to get creamed when you have the puck. I'm not even talking about playing like an Erik Karlsson meme and jumping into the play or leading the rush. In the ozone, the extra speed can allow you to be first on puck along the boards and get it back into the forwards who are hopefully deep. In the neutral and d-zone, you can beat basically everybody else to any stray pucks and get it to somebody else. The problem is, it all falls apart if there is no support.

Being big is useful, because almost all goals are scored in or around the slot. So being able to effectively clear the slot and front of net makes it a lot harder to score. The downside of being big and using a dfd or enforcer d type is that passing is much harder and forwards in drop in almost never support when you regain the puck in your own zone, they sprint up the ice. You also are super slow, so pursuit in the d-zone is useless, and you can't really apply any pressure in the o-zone or else you'll be caught flat footed and get beat. That's why if you're big, it's better to have a d-partner who can be the small/speedy and pursue.

It's very difficult to play builds that are any end of the extreme in drop in, because if you don't get a d-partner who is willing or able to compensate for the very exaggerated short comings of those builds, you get massively handicapped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->