GDT: Do you know the way to San Jose?

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
What has happened to Foegele. He was flying up and down the ice, drawing penalties, and getting breakaways. He wasn't finishing, but he was still a big factor in the game. Now he's hardly noticeable.

Eerily similar with Aho, where he just turned into a pumpkin (to a lesser degree).

It's like they aged 20 years overnight.
I noted this 7 games in and everyone got on my ass about not expecting him to produce. His effort level dropped off considerably once he made the roster

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Did you know that if you text HOME to 741741 when you are feeling depressed or suicidal, a crisis worker will text you back immediately and will continue to text with you? Many people, especially younger ones, don't like talking over the phone and would feel more comfortable texting. This is a FREE service for anyone - if you would like to join me in raising awareness, please copy and paste this.
#SuicideAwareness
#YouAreImportant
It takes just a copy and a paste!

If a crisis worker called and you told him about Canes and the state of the team, the crisis worker would also be depressed.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
But he's bringing us an outdoor hockey game!
Is he? He says he is, but there are still plenty of opportunities for it to fall through. And, is it a good idea? An outdoor game here that fills the stadium and is pulled off well would be great for the team, an outdoor game that half fills the available seats or looks amateurish would not be a good thing.

We'll see.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
You're not alone in this. I don't blame anyone for not being onboard with my pessimism heading in to the year. Dundon and co did a great job of building good will after buying the team but not really doing anything.

Actually I take that back. They moved backwards by moving Skinner even with his issues and not doing a ****ing thing to replace his scoring. And by not using our cap space to be a serious player in free agency. Even with the Svechnikov pick we entered this off-season needing 2 top 6 forwards, both at center. Aho can fill one of those spots but opened a need for a top 6 lw. And instead of trying to sign one we go and trade the one we have for nothing.

Basically this is all to say, hey Dundon put your ****ing money where your mouth is this off-season, because you already punted on this past one.
I wish our lovely management and owner would read this comment and get it through their thick heads. 100% spot on.

Karmanos didn't spend s*** for this team outside of the year we won the cup (thinking of FA particularly). Dundon hasn't changed that status quo despite us getting the impression otherwise.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
You're not alone in this. I don't blame anyone for not being onboard with my pessimism heading in to the year. Dundon and co did a great job of building good will after buying the team but not really doing anything.

Actually I take that back. They moved backwards by moving Skinner even with his issues and not doing a ****ing thing to replace his scoring. And by not using our cap space to be a serious player in free agency. Even with the Svechnikov pick we entered this off-season needing 2 top 6 forwards, both at center. Aho can fill one of those spots but opened a need for a top 6 lw. And instead of trying to sign one we go and trade the one we have for nothing.

Basically this is all to say, hey Dundon put your ****ing money where your mouth is this off-season, because you already punted on this past one.
You raise a good point with something that irked me the other day. A quote from Waddell saying “we’d like to add a top 6 forward”.

One?!? Really? Last years team needed at least one added if not two. Now we’re short imo three top 6 guys from being good offensively. Necas doesn’t count and Svech probably shouldn’t be counted on either, but you know when they’re counting how many good forwards they have that those two are taking up spots.

So we’ll at least have those two carrying weight in a couple of years....

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
You raise a good point with something that irked me the other day. A quote from Waddell saying “we’d like to add a top 6 forward”.

One?!? Really? Last years team needed at least one added if not two. Now we’re short imo three top 6 guys from being good offensively. Necas doesn’t count and Svech probably shouldn’t be counted on either, but you know when they’re counting how many good forwards they have that those two are taking up spots.

So we’ll at least have those two carrying weight in a couple of years....

Yep. Ideally Andrei would be eased in on a 3rd line which means even with Ferland coming for Lindholm it was still a situation where we had 2 top 6 holes up front. Maybe 1 if you felt like being generous to Jordan. Truth told instead of moving Skinner we should have been all in on JVR or Stastny this off season.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Rod finally changes lines and this is what he comes up with :help: thats what this team needs 4th liner shifted to the first line. success!

What is his deal with not giving Svech time on the top line? Is that so unheard for a team to give their 2OA who has looked good in limited use a chance at the top? I just don't understand why Martinook is on a top f***ing line. That is just asinine. You can say Svech is young, makes mistakes, and whatever else, but his raw talent level is in a different stratosphere to players like Martinook.

If we're scoring 0 goals, who cares if he makes some a few mistakes... If he starts scoring with the additional talent on his line, maybe just maybe we have a good thing going all of a sudden. You won't know until you try it and secondary scoring doesn't matter at this point. We don't have primary scoring.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
What is his deal with not giving Svech time on the top line? Is that so unheard for a team to use their 2OA who has looked good in limited use a chance at the top? I just don't understand why Martinook is on a top ****ing line. That is just asinine. You can say Svech is young, makes mistakes, and whatever else, but his raw talent level is in a different stratosphere to players like Martinook.

If we're scoring 0 goals, who cares if he makes some mistakes at the top... If he starts scoring with the additional talent on his line, maybe just maybe we have a good thing going all of a sudden. You won't know until you try it. Secondary scoring doesn't matter at this point. We don't have primary scoring.

Maybe it's position related. Doesn't Svetch usually play RW which is where Teuvo is? So rather then move one of them to an off wing you bring up Martinook instead :confused: (which frankly is BS, just put the damn kid up there and damn the consequences!)

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Svech is fully capable of playing LW. I believe he's done it already this season? Can't remember. Besides TT is listed as a LW, which means they can work that situation out without putting a 4th liner on a 1st line. Martinook was a good pickup. I like him, he had that hat trick sure, but he's not going to add any scoring talent to a top line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad