Do you have an illegal curve on your blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Mine is not illegal by NHL standards. I dont think there is a limit on curves in my league though.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
bleedgreen said:
i have a hard time believing the recchi is illegal! that would be the curve i would tell my kids to get! simple mid with a decent toe - nothing crazy at all. i believe you if you say they actually measured - but i find it shocking a recchi is illegal. i agree with the statement companies use generalities on info like that, they are often way off on the lies, as you say.i just dont see how the drury pitching wedge is legal, but the simple mid recchi isnt. around here in CO, it really isnt a big curve thing - the kids here all use modo's and recchi's - maybe iggy. very rarely do i see the kids (i ref and coach) use the lidstroms, yzermans, and thortons - thats mostly adults who cant get the puck up. i believe you if you say they measured, but i wouldve bet my life on the recchi being legit.

They may have measured it wrong, it is a possibility, but thats what I have been told. At this point, I'd take the LHS word over Easton, but neither are concrete. The Drury definately isn't. If measured wrong it can be, because the loft makes the pattern seem so bad and the top opens, but blades are measured along the bottom. I'll see if I can get my hands on a tool (or source I TRULY trust and get some legit answers).

damoose212001

Jan 16, 2005
Pittsburgh
heh, when I played out the one year, only in a recreational inline league though, I used a Coffey curve as well as an Yzerman I believe was the other..heh, VERY illegal. :sarcasm:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
miatafreak said:
i have an easton yzerman blade and i know its legal. i did the dime thing
if thats true - then it seems impossible the recchi is - but i think someone with experience with this needs to do a little analysis of the top retail patterns to figure this out.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
It's not true, unless it's a junior. The senior Yzerman is different from the junior.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
EazyB97 said:
It's not true, unless it's a junior. The senior Yzerman is different from the junior.
speaking of which, that junior yzerman is a sweet curve - they should make that one into a senior! that would be my curve for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad