Do you guys think Eric Staal can become a great foward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny cool

Feb 19, 2004
i will say yes, but he needs to learn that pasing the puck is okay. this year in lowell, he demonstrated a number of times per game that he would rather carry into traffic than pass to an open winger

NYC Aim 4588

Balej's Dance said:
Very good first line centers are very rare. How's Lundmark doing for us nowadays? The guy is a stud, he can do it all. It all depends on what you're basing "great" on. If you mean it to be in the *current* class of Thornton, LeCavalier, Sakic, Forsberg, Francis then he isn't there right now. But if you're saying that he'll never get there, you are SEVERELY mistaken.
ummmmm.... yeah what ever man. :shakehead

Canes Fan

Jul 31, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Should be another Ron Francis

You would not believe his instinct around the puck. He passes and shoots effortlessly. With a few more years experience he will be a natural. Keep your eye on him.

I saw him the first year he arrived in Raleigh - he was going to the Lord of the Rings movie. Very down to earth and a great guy. From what I have heard from others he is a nice guy and acts just like an average guy. A little different from some sports figures in the news. :canes

ProctorSilex

I think in time he can be comparable with someone like Lecavalier. Hidden gem because he plays in Carolina.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
What a lot of people don't talk about when they consider Eric Staal is just how incredible his wrist shot really is. Eric Staal is generally regarded as a "playmaking" center more than a shooter, but his wrister is really one of the best i've seen from a young prospect in a long time. If you watched the prospect game at the all star game the year he was in that, you'll see what i'm talking about. It nearly put Pavel Brendl's to shame.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Big Phil said:
Eric Staal showed some flashes of brilliance in his rookie year. I cant comment on him until this year. He may never be great but at least 80 points consistently isnt out of his range. Not too bad. But he could surprise me and be a 100 point man someday.

Not to nitpick, but if he turns out to be an 80 point player per year consistently, he'll be one of the best players in the NHL....this isn't the 80s anymore.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
No way. Staal stinks and the Canes should trade him....outside of the Southeast Div. at least, but preferably out west :D

He has a bright future ahead of him.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
Mobey said:
Not to nitpick, but if he turns out to be an 80 point player per year consistently, he'll be one of the best players in the NHL....this isn't the 80s anymore.

Um, I think that's the point. He is going to be one of the NHL's best. And let me cast my lot in with the others in this thread who say Staal is going to be flat out unreal.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
CRUNK JUICE said:
Um, I think that's the point. He is going to be one of the NHL's best. And let me cast my lot in with the others in this thread who say Staal is going to be flat out unreal.

Thanks for agreeing with me. Now go back and read the post that I quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad