Do you guys like how some stadiums dim the lights?

RaskIsABrickWall

Jun 8, 2013
Shrewsbury
For example..the king game on right now. All the seating the lights seem very dim. Last year and in years past it was never like this at staples center when kings play..it was like here at TD. It looks like a lakers game now where the lights are dimmed besides the ice

Do you like this look? MTL i think is the same way as well as Chicago

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
For example..the king game on right now. All the seating the lights seem very dim. Last year and in years past it was never like this at staples center when kings play..it was like here at TD. It looks like a lakers game now where the lights are dimmed besides the ice

Do you like this look? MTL i think is the same way as well as Chicago

I do like it. I would think it helps both players and fans as far as there being more of a contrast. Seems like it'd be hard to duplicate, or at least hard to notice at the Garden, given the black and gold (let's be honest, they're yellow) seats in the lower bowl.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
As someone who has worked hockey broadcast for the last ten years those dark rinks must drive the video guys nuts.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I ****ing hate it so much I want to fight you right now for even asking.

Watching games from MSG before the renovations used to make me angry. I hated the way the Kings game looked last night.

mHlnGXt9Xlnn1Qes3Vtn

Dec 9, 2011
Lakers do the same thing:
800px-Andrew_Bynum_2010_playoffs.jpg

Disorienting

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I can't stand darkened arenas. CAN'T STAND THEM.

I love the way Edmonton comes across on TV (Rexall Place) - It's super bright and the game is great to watch.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Somewhat surprised people have such strong opinions on this. Don't know why. It's the internet. But still, just a little bit surprised.

And for the record Mike. I hated games at MSG before the renovation too. But that's because the ice surface itself was dark; nothing to do with the way the crowd was lit.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The crowd at MSG used to be intentionally dark, something about "Broadway" and "the stage."

The ice was also terrible, yes, but the crowd played a big part in how dark it was.

The only thing the TD Garden really gets right is the lighting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad