Do you enjoy watching Leaf games?

VBLeaf

May 14, 2023
Hello,

I am a Maple Leafs fan living in Sweden. I have been lurking lurking around the HF-boards since 2015 reading most threads but never created an account. Unlike many others I was not "raised" in cheering for the leafs but it was an active choice in 2012 when I was 15 and I thought the leafs was a good choice for some strange reason.

My question to you is if you think it was more enjoyable watching games in the pre-Matthews era than it is right now? Or is it just me? Obviously there is a better product on the ice today, but in 15-16 they tanked and were awful but I watched every game and remember that I just really enjoyed it. There were also a lot of hope I guess with the Shanaplan, Nylander & Marner and things to come. Now it is almost, I don't know, painful watching games. All that matters is winning and it is difficult to just enjoy the games.

Have a nice Sunday everyone.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
but in 15-16 they tanked and were awful but I watched every game and remember that I just really enjoyed it
Agreed.
That was a fun season.

Now it is almost, I don't know, painful watching games. All that matters is winning and it is difficult to just enjoy the games.
Our underperforming and overpaid RFAs seem ambivalent ALOT.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I do. I wish there were more this season. Still, I am looking forward to the 23/24 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad