OT: Do you attend Canucks games?

Which best describes you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
So many "true" fans in this thread, go support the Leafs as, apparently, everything they do is perfect.

Being a true fan is to be a fanatic, not a blind follower in some sort of cult. A true fan cares about what there team is doing, and has strong opinions on it, both positive and negative. There are fans on both team tank and team Benning. It is the strong opinion that will help make you a FAN. Not some cult cool-aid drinking or band wagon hopper.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So many "true" fans in this thread, go support the Leafs as, apparently, everything they do is perfect.

What the hell does this even mean? No one even brought up the Leafs until you got here.

So because fans don’t want to spend money to see a tanking team they aren’t fans? Not everyone is using $100 bills as napkins you know.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The idea that a true fan is someone who buys tickets and always supports the management team is so beyond stupid.

Are you not a true canadian because you don't support the current government that's in power? no, that's called having a f***ing opinion.

same principle applies here. it's the most cringeworthy thing to state what is and what isn't a true fan.

Reactions: SillyRabbit

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
I go to 10 games a year now that I moved to Abby. Really happy with the team personally. I get the same feel for the team as I did in 2001, and in 2009.

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
My wife and I have purchased the 11 game ice pack for the last two seasons. We're both big fans of the team, and understand that all pro sports franchises have their ups and downs. We're upper-bowl folk, but sit center ice row 8. We have a good section where there are many regulars around us who are all die-hard fans as well. I've been to 6 games this year and am 5-0-1 so I consider myself very lucky. I've been a fan for a long time, and this is definitely not the worst state that I have seen this franchise in.

We use the games as our "date-night." We're both busy with our lives, and raising kids, so the certainty of 11 pre-scheduled dates where we can find childcare in advance, and can't cop out and sit on the couch is worth it. But again, we're big fans, not band-wagoners, and have been to some really good games over the last couple of years.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I support the players that wear the jersey (as a group) without condition. I support the logo and its history without condition. My support for coaches, management, and scouts is based entirely on their ability to perform. Shredding management for incompetence is the very definition of fandom.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Occasionally. Usually 1-2 a year. Haven't yet this year, but might still.

I have to imagine many of the "Stopped attending" are really closer to the "Never" category, but just that they've been to a game or two before.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Watching an NHL game in person basically sucks 90% of the time. Dead crowd/low stakes, and everybody knows it. The blinding TV lighting, the horrible music, the annoying goal horn, overpriced beer, rich people in the lower bowl sitting on their hands or looking at their phones, etc etc. It's not just a Vancouver problem.

Anyway the last game I went to was game 1 of the Calgary series, and the ticket was a gift. I haven't actually purchased one during the LinBenning era, and I won't be.

It's BRUTAL

Cell phone culture has made things like hockey games difficult to enjoy, people have changed a great deal over the last decade.

You used to go to a game or a concert and people would be dancing, yelling whatever, now I swear to god, 90% of people who attend these events are either trying to watch it THROUGH their phone as they film it, or they are so bloody ADD that after 5 seconds passing with no major event they automatically pull their phones out and start doing........DOING WHAT?! WHAT ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE DOING!?!? LIFE IS HAPPENING AROUND YOU NOT IN YOUR F**KING PHONE!

And yes, I stopped using a cell phone over a year ago......IT CAN BE DONE,

Once you stop you see so clearly how people are being destroyed by those things,

It's like watching people willingly be mind-raped all around you, and YES the human brain (and the brains of your children) are being reconditioned and reshaped by people who don't care about you, but they LOVE that you love your phone.

Wake the F**k up, Grow a set and put down the brain dildo

Having a new Iphone doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look like a prison B**CH

Reactions: ginner classic

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It's BRUTAL

Cell phone culture has made things like hockey games difficult to enjoy, people have changed a great deal over the last decade.

You used to go to a game or a concert and people would be dancing, yelling whatever, now I swear to god, 90% of people who attend these events are either trying to watch it THROUGH their phone as they film it, or they are so bloody ADD that after 5 seconds passing with no major event they automatically pull their phones out and start doing........DOING WHAT?! WHAT ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE DOING!?!? LIFE IS HAPPENING AROUND YOU NOT IN YOUR F**KING PHONE!

And yes, I stopped using a cell phone over a year ago......IT CAN BE DONE,

Once you stop you see so clearly how people are being destroyed by those things,

It's like watching people willingly be mind-raped all around you, and YES the human brain (and the brains of your children) are being reconditioned and reshaped by people who don't care about you, but they LOVE that you love your phone.

Wake the F**k up, Grow a set and put down the brain *****

Having a new Iphone doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look like a prison B**CH
You need a hug.

I'll send you a hug emoji on my phone.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
I'll go to one game a year since my office has corporate seats in the Loge Club.

I spend a lot more time at the buffet than watching the game though. That buffet is incredible, easily the best in Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad