OT: Do you attend Canucks games?

Which best describes you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
As a Canucks fan, which best describes you? If you had seasons tickets or annually bought multi game packs but cancelled in the last 3 years, that would be cool to know.

EDIT

If you only attend when free, just put it in stopped attending.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Used to split ST, but the past few years I've gone from 5-10 games a yr to going about 25% of the time we get free tix. Usually give them to coworkers now.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
If I get free tickets I'll go, but I refuse to waste any of my own money on this team until management is replaced with someone competent.

Two years ago I turned down free tickets on three separate occasions. This year I finally took my 7 year old boy. We saw the best game of the season (sharks). I plan to attend one game with my other little one and the day after the trade deadline....and at that game I shall communicate my displeasure lustily.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Surely the days of an 'average Canuck fans' owning one season ticket package is long gone......in the big markets the NHL went 'corporate' a long time ago.....I guess a group of people can still afford to buy a couple of seats in a season ticket package and divide up the games. But the prohibitive cost is the reason the Canucks have been marketing 'mini-packages' in recent years to try and bring the price down for the bad games.

Of course this is the reason why the NHL signed a big-ticket deal with Sportsnet.....now every home game in every Canadian market is on cable TV.....so why would even the most die-hard fan drop $100 bucks and grapple with the horrific Vancouver downtown traffic on a weeknight to watch a bad hockey team?

Of course the fans in Canadian markets who bleed for their teams are subsidizing the shoddy franchises in places like Sunrise Florida; Raleigh and Glendale....in those places, fans can saunter up to the building at the last minute and buy a $10 seat in a half-empty building. We're suckers unfortunately in a lot of Canadian markets.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I have stopped attending and will not go back until this management team is gone. I have also stopped purchasing any merchandise. I think this team is going to be oilers bad until we get ride of linden and co.

Nov 1, 2011
Where's the "Go because I sometimes get free tickets. Often feel like I should have turned them down." vote.

Used to have season tickets, now I go if food, booze and/or parking is included in the free tix.

Reactions: ginner classic

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Stopped attending and also haven't spent any money on merch in quite a long time. They need to earn my support and it's been years since I've felt they have.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Well, I live too far away. The wife just got a job in Abbotsford though, so I'll have the opportunity again at least. When I last lived in Vancouver last, I was going to 2-3 a year. I wouldn't be opposed to paying 20 bucks for a night out even right now.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Watching an NHL game in person basically sucks 90% of the time. Dead crowd/low stakes, and everybody knows it. The blinding TV lighting, the horrible music, the annoying goal horn, overpriced beer, rich people in the lower bowl sitting on their hands or looking at their phones, etc etc. It's not just a Vancouver problem.

Anyway the last game I went to was game 1 of the Calgary series, and the ticket was a gift. I haven't actually purchased one during the LinBenning era, and I won't be.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Watching an NHL game in person basically sucks 90% of the time. Dead crowd/low stakes, and everybody knows it. The blinding TV lighting, the horrible music, the annoying goal horn, overpriced beer, rich people in the lower bowl sitting on their hands or looking at their phones, etc etc. It's not just a Vancouver problem.

Anyway the last game I went to was game 1 of the Calgary series, and the ticket was a gift. I haven't actually purchased one during the LinBenning era, and I won't be.
Ha, the last one I went was the the game 2 of that series. Atleast I can say that the last game I attended was a playoff win for the Canucks

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
This is the 1st time in 11 years that I haven't come home for the holidays to see family and friends and we always go to multiple Canuck games when I'm home.

I used the excuse that I was saving my money for the WJC next year but I lied to all of them...I refuse to spend a dime on this franchise till Club 16 and the Sedins are gone.

Next Christmas is already locked in for the WJC and everybody knows that I won't be attending any Canuck games while I'm out for 3 weeks.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Purchase tickets? I have gone to like five games this year for free because nobody wants to watch this trash except die-hards

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Too far away, but I did go once in 2006 vs the Wild. Got to see Luongo, Linden, Naslund, Sedins and Gaborik, Demitra rip

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
paid 90+$ Canadian to go see the Penguins game where Boeser scored a hatty and the Bo-Horvat-Baer all got 4 points each. Probably my favorite game in the last 3 years and one of the few entertaining ones this season so it was well worth the almost 100$. As for 80% of the other games this season, you'd have to pay me to even make the commute to Rogers and watch that garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad