Do you approve of Rene Bourque?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
This thread is intended to be both a poll (we will measure Bourque's popularity on this board by having as many people vote yes, no, or unsure) and a discussion, on Bourque's current performance given his promise, his contract, the resources needed to acquire him, the ice-time opportunities awarded to him, etc.

Analyzer*

We acquired Bourque, along with a 2nd round pick (Fucale) and a prospect, Patrick Holland.

Giving his salary, that he's 6'2 and has to play with Desharnais he's doing well.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
He is not a liability on the ice. He chips in with a few goals and has a reasonable contract. He's the least of our problems.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I voted yes.

He has 4 points in 10 games, but 3 of those are goals. He does this on a fairly small salary, he plays mediocre minutes of either hard minutes with Plekanec or sterile minutes with Desharnais, and he is 6'2". He does not consume excess power play time. We also acquired him in a great trade.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
3rd line passenger. Not terrible, just invisible. Except for when he's missing the net which happens all the time.

Too bad too because (as I've said many times before) he has all the tools to be a good player. Just no hockey sense and I feel like he doesn't have the heart. Imagine how good he'd be if he played like Gallagher.
I voted yes.

He has 4 points in 10 games, but 3 of those are goals. He does this on a fairly small salary, he plays mediocre minutes of either hard minutes with Plekanec or sterile minutes with Desharnais, and he is 6'2". He does not consume excess power play time. We also acquired him in a great trade.
I don't feel strongly about voting one way or the other in this poll. But I strongly disagree with the bolded part here. But that's been done to death and I'm not re-hashing this again. I'll just say that I think that you are very wrong on that part no matter how that pick works out.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
He's not as present on the scoresheet as pre-injury last year but he's improved alot from his late Calgary days. He's far from being the issue. He's fine. So yes.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He's the best player on his line by a mile with DD struggling and Moen the 3rd member. I liked him better with Plekanec but Bournival has been good the last few games.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'd like to see Bournival-Plekanec-Bourque. Even though he's a left shot I like Bourque better at RW.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Not playing poorly or producing poorly however is player who you can spend a lot of the night wondering if he is even playing.

Doesnt bring any consistency to his game. Right now, pretty much roster filler as he should be no part of a contending team. So for now, as a hab i guess he is fine. He fits right in with a bubble team.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He'd be making 7 million dollars a year, and we wouldn't have been able to acquire him for Cammalleri.
Yup, he'd be a star. Instead with all that talent he's a 3rd liner. Such a waste of talent. Guy could be one of the premier players in the league.

Anyways - he is what he is. Roster filler.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Anyone who has to play with the likes of DD and Moen gets a free ride in my books. He is one of the few forwards who actually has any effort in his game.

Yup, he'd be a star. Instead with all that talent he's a 3rd liner. Such a waste of talent. Guy could be one of the premier players in the league.

Anyways - he is what he is. Roster filler.

Amazing seeing as how he is paid like a 3rd liner right?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I said no 'cause he do show signs of this inconsistent Bourque we love and adore. Yet....he's far from being our most important problem.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
He's a big, fast shooter who can't hit the net. Therefore, he's better than Gionta who is a small, fast shooter who can't hit the net while being an unworthy captain.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I guess people have short memories since he was clearly the best Habs forward in the playoffs.

A serviceable player and he only makes $3.3 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->